• 07-08-2006, 12:37 PM
    gizzy3
    Which lens for good zoom for Pentax *istD
    I just bot this Pentax and I really like it but it does not zoom close enough. What would be a good (preferably inexpensive) lens to purchase?

Thank you,

Wendy:)
  • 07-08-2006, 10:29 PM
    poker
    Re: Which lens for good zoom for Pentax *istD
    Hi Wendy. There are a lot of inexpensive lenses out there at different focal lenghts.

1) What do you plan to use it for.
    2) What is your budget.
  • 07-09-2006, 07:31 AM
    gizzy3
    I mainly use my camera to take pictures of the children (3 & 4). I have a pretty low budget at this time.

Thank you,

Wendy
  • 02-19-2007, 01:21 AM
    nenad
    I can recommend the Pentax 28-105 f3.2-4.5. Very small and light, reasonably priced, good optics, compatible with the built-in flash and excellent for family portraits and snapshots.
  • 02-19-2007, 02:23 AM
    benjikan
    Quote:

Originally Posted by nenad
    I can recommend the Pentax 28-105 f3.2-4.5. Very small and light, reasonably priced, good optics, compatible with the built-in flash and excellent for family portraits and snapshots.

Have a look at the Pentax 16-45 f 4.0 lens. Very sharp at all apertures.
  • 02-19-2007, 06:17 PM
    ken1953
    Hi Wendy, my favorite lense is the SMCP DA 50-200mm f4.0-5.6 ED. I use it 90% of the time to photograph my grandchildren and most of my outdoor shots. It has the zoom range I need as a beginner to get in fairly close to most of my subjects without being intrusive when I want to get a closeup.
    All of the lenses mentioned however are good lenses. Take what we're telling you and go to the camera store and try each one out to see which one best meets your needs and pocket book.
    Ken
  • 03-11-2007, 05:22 PM
    cyberlord
    Don't forget Sigma and Tamron make excellent lenses too. I own a Tamrom AF75-300 LD Macro and for the price it can't be beat.

My gallery is full of photos taken with the Tamron zoom.