K200D Focus ?

Printable View

• 08-01-2008, 04:38 PM
    New England Moments
    K200D Focus ?
    Wow, no matter what I try to do, I'm having trouble with the Focus Point vs DOF..

Lets say we are at F/16, and speed to match...and Focus point is in center of a frame,,

I still get Blur almost everywhere, except actual focus area... Do you guys follow the rule of focusing actually 1/3 into the frame before actual subject, to insure sharpness throughout?

In other words Do you focus ahead of the subject to ensure subject is in focus as well as foreground and background?

This is with the 18 to 55 mm Lens... shots always seem to not be sharp overall...

Thinking that at F/ 11 ...16... 22... I should have sharp focus throughout the frame, but sharpest area is at Focus Point, and everything before and after falls off...no matter which focus area ( AF Point ) I use, auto, select, center...

There must be a method to this focus madness and DOF Balance, but I can't find it..

Anyone using the K200D ? Could sure use some pointers on how you Focus, and maintain a full frame of sharpness?
  • 08-02-2008, 12:39 PM
    Photo-John
    Re: K200D Focus ?
    Is this only when you're looking through the viewfinder or do the final images have the same problem. Because if your camera isn't focusing on the focus point at f/16, I think it's not working right. At f/16 you shouldn't have a focus issue unless you're using a 500mm lens with no depth-of-field.
  • 08-02-2008, 05:55 PM
    New England Moments
    Photo John...

Thats been my feeling also... on the images , I have focus around the focus point... but everything else in the frame , I think should be sharper... I have heard people say that with no markings on a Digital , like a old 35, that you should focus one third into the frame, foreground to ensure detailed DOF and focus??

In other words focus ahead of your subject.... I don't know , I have had a lot of cameras , but this one is a trip,,, A real hard nut to crack...

I also have noticed, in Most of my shots, I need to desaturate YELLOW almost all of the time?? I think in almost all of the modes , even on Natural, not Vibrant , the camera seems to over Saturate.. I also think it has a tendency to under expose...
  • 08-03-2008, 06:56 PM
    Snapac
    I have noticed an over saturation on some of my shots, I am still trying to figure out the balance. I notice it more on inside shots (with or without flash) Not sure about moving objects, as I have yet to do many of those.