Pentax and K-Mount Cameras Forum

Pentax Cameras Forum For discussing Pentax cameras and all K-Mount SLRs, including Pentax and Samsung digital SLRs. Your Pentax Cameras Forum moderator is ken1953.
Pentax Digital SLR Reviews >>
Samsung Digital SLR Reviews >>
Pentax 35mm SLR Reviews >>
All Pentax Product Reviews >>

On the Subject Of Light Meters...

Does anyone elses' K10D tend toward over exposure? My Canons, all 3 of them, tended toward a slight over exposure in most situations. But, my K10 goes way past slight. It varies, with the D60 I was comfortable just leaving compensation set to -1/3 all the time, but with the K10 I find myself having to go between 0 to -1/7 a lot. I know all meters have their quirks, but come on. Do you guys see this a lot? What mode do you guys use. I use center weighted, because matrix tends toward extream over exposure. Obviously when I use spot the problem is not really there, but it is a real pain to have to shoot something 3 times because I can't trust the meter. I shoot in Av most of the time, but I am thinking of going back to full manual. I know everything is a case of adjustment. I just would like to know if maybe I am doing something bass-ackwards? Am I trying to shoot like it's a Canon or what?
    John Cowan
    Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.
    ~Ernest Hemingway~

Re: On the Subject Of Light Meters...

I'm too much of a noob to know what you are talking about.

Sorry I can't be of any help.
    Jim R

Canon 5D mkII - Canon 17-40mm f/4L, Canon 50mm f/1.4, Canon 70-200 f/2.8L, Canon 100mm f/2.8 Macro

Quote Originally Posted by spiraleyes
    I'm too much of a noob to know what you are talking about.

Sorry I can't be of any help.
    Thanks for the post SE, but yeah, that's not any help...

Come on guys, I know you K10 people are out there. Ben, Mike, how about some help here....
    John Cowan
    Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.
    ~Ernest Hemingway~

Almo,

Did you ever first a solution for your issue?
    Pentax K10D w/battery grip
    Sigma 10-20mm F4-5,6 EX DC, Pentax smc P-DA 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 - Pentax DA 50mm f/1.4 - Tamron 28-75mm f/2.8 - Sigma APO 70-200mm f2.8 EX DG HSM Macro -Pentax AF 540 FGZ - Gary Fong "Lightshpere" (cloud & clear)

www.johnrender.com

Quote Originally Posted by Snapac
    Almo,

Did you ever first a solution for your issue?
    Hey!

Gosh, this is a blast from the recent past here... lol.

Actually I never did figure this one out. Plus I never really got any help with it either. A rare miss. However, I ended up selling my K10D and going back to Canon. I am currently shooting with a 30D, and just like everyother canon I've had the meter pretty much stays at -1/3 stop compensation. I less contrasty light I sometimes need to bump it up to +-0 , but that doesn't happen much.

Have you had a similar issue?

Thanks!
    John Cowan
    ~Ernest Hemingway~

Thread Information