Pentax and K-Mount Cameras Forum

Pentax Cameras Forum For discussing Pentax cameras and all K-Mount SLRs, including Pentax and Samsung digital SLRs. Your Pentax Cameras Forum moderator is ken1953.
Pentax Digital SLR Reviews >>
Samsung Digital SLR Reviews >>
Pentax 35mm SLR Reviews >>
All Pentax Product Reviews >>

Thread: ?? K200d ??

?? K200d ??

Using the K200D today in Landscape Mode, all photos seemed to be heavily Saturated.. I removed the Polarizer, it made NO difference,, GREENS were way overdone..

I then switched to AV mode, and same situation... greens still over cooked??

Anyone know HOW to , or if , you can set an overall Saturation Level in camera...

I know with the K200D you can do individual shots, but is there an OVERALL Setting for this without doing individual shots...

Appreciate some help on this... lens used was 18-55 mm

First shot, right out of camera, as you can see, I think it is over-cooked with saturation..
    This was done in either Landscape or AV mode... It doesn't seem to matter what camera is set on , all pics seem Over Saturated...

Camera Model: PENTAX K200D /Resolution: 800 x 536/ Focal Length: 23.1mm (35mm equivalent: 34mm...
    Exposure Time: 0.0080 s (1/125) / Aperture: f/6.7
    ISO Equiv.: 100 // Whitebalance: Auto
    Metering Mode: matrix Exposure: program (auto)

Re:K200d

I played with the pic in Photoshop, the color looks fine.
    I just think its a little under exposed.

Saturation

I agree that it's a bit underexposed, but I also agree that it looks a bit oversaturated. And that's really a matter of personal taste, anyway. The exposure looks exactly how I'd shoot the RAW file for maximum post-processing flexibility. If you shoot RAW, and you're willing to do a little post-processing, the saturation doesn't really make any difference. You aren't commited to it and it will be easy to adjust in Photoshop's Camera Raw, Lightroom, or the supplies Pentax software. However, if you're shooting JPEG (and I think you should be shooting RAW), Pentax has excellent image quality controls in the camera. You can fine-tune the in-camera sharpness, color balance, saturation, and contrast. I found this LCD image of the quality controls in our Pentax K10D pro review. I expect the controls are the same in the K200D menu:

Hope that helps. Please post a review for your Pentax K200D in our user reviews, if you haven't already done so. User reviews are the foundation of this site and we need reviews for all of your camera equipment!

The photo is a nice one, too. I am looking forward to seeing more photos from you!
    Photo-John

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

The red headed step child jgredline's Avatar

Re: ?? K200d ??

I agree with John but to go a little further, Pentax sets the cameras to ''Vibrant'' colors as Jpeg default. Go into the Function Menu and change it to Natural colors. I too found the colors a little to contrasty for my Taste on the K20D. Of course if you shoot RAW, then as John said, then the settings do not matter.
    εὐχαριστέω σύ
    αποκαλυπτεται γαρ οργη θεου απ ουρανου επι πασαν ασεβειαν και αδικιαν ανθρωπων των την αληθειαν εν αδικια κατεχοντων
    διοτι το γνωστον του θεου φανερον εστιν εν αυτοις ο γαρ θεος αυτοις εφανερωσεν
    τα γαρ αορατα αυτου απο κτισεως κοσμου τοις ποιημασιν νοουμενα καθοραται η τε αιδιος αυτου δυναμις και θειοτης εις το ειναι αυτους αναπολογητους

The red headed step child jgredline's Avatar

Re: ?? K200d ??

By the way, On my calibrated monitor the Greens look great to me and overall it is a very nice image..Perhaps -.3 underexposed?
    εὐχαριστέω σύ
    αποκαλυπτεται γαρ οργη θεου απ ουρανου επι πασαν ασεβειαν και αδικιαν ανθρωπων των την αληθειαν εν αδικια κατεχοντων
    διοτι το γνωστον του θεου φανερον εστιν εν αυτοις ο γαρ θεος αυτοις εφανερωσεν
    τα γαρ αορατα αυτου απο κτισεως κοσμου τοις ποιημασιν νοουμενα καθοραται η τε αιδιος αυτου δυναμις και θειοτης εις το ειναι αυτους αναπολογητους

Thread Information