Pentax and K-Mount Cameras Forum

Pentax Cameras Forum For discussing Pentax cameras and all K-Mount SLRs, including Pentax and Samsung digital SLRs. Your Pentax Cameras Forum moderator is ken1953.
Pentax Digital SLR Reviews >>
Samsung Digital SLR Reviews >>
Pentax 35mm SLR Reviews >>
All Pentax Product Reviews >>
    The red headed step child jgredline's Avatar

Tamron 18-250 super zoom samples

Hi folks. Left work early today to go home and watch the laker game. On my way home, I stopped at the Golf course as I heard their was some baby geese there. Sure enough. I shot with what I had. K10D and Tamron 18-250mm. I love this lens..

εὐχαριστέω σύ
    αποκαλυπτεται γαρ οργη θεου απ ουρανου επι πασαν ασεβειαν και αδικιαν ανθρωπων των την αληθειαν εν αδικια κατεχοντων
    διοτι το γνωστον του θεου φανερον εστιν εν αυτοις ο γαρ θεος αυτοις εφανερωσεν
    τα γαρ αορατα αυτου απο κτισεως κοσμου τοις ποιημασιν νοουμενα καθοραται η τε αιδιος αυτου δυναμις και θειοτης εις το ειναι αυτους αναπολογητους

Re: Tamron 18-250 super zoom samples

I'm shopping zooms right now, and I think this very well may be my next lens.
    Jim R

Canon 5D mkII - Canon 17-40mm f/4L, Canon 50mm f/1.4, Canon 70-200 f/2.8L, Canon 100mm f/2.8 Macro

Of all my super zooms, this is my fav by far.
    εὐχαριστέω σύ
    αποκαλυπτεται γαρ οργη θεου απ ουρανου επι πασαν ασεβειαν και αδικιαν ανθρωπων των την αληθειαν εν αδικια κατεχοντων
    τα γαρ αορατα αυτου απο κτισεως κοσμου τοις ποιημασιν νοουμενα καθοραται η τε αιδιος αυτου δυναμις και θειοτης εις το ειναι αυτους αναπολογητους

Quote Originally Posted by jgredline
    Of all my super zooms, this is my fav by far.
    Really? That's certainly good to know.

Did you buy that 500mm you posted pictures from, or were you just testing it?
    Last edited by spiraleyes; 05-30-2008 at 10:22 PM.
    Jim R

Canon 5D mkII - Canon 17-40mm f/4L, Canon 50mm f/1.4, Canon 70-200 f/2.8L, Canon 100mm f/2.8 Macro

Quote Originally Posted by spiraleyes
    Really? That's certainly good to know.

Did you buy that 500mm you posted pictures from, or were you just testing it?
    I actually bought it. $4200.00 bucks for it. The way I see it, is that at this point in my life, I have been working since I was 12 years old...I don't believe in credit, so when I buy something, I buy it.
    εὐχαριστέω σύ

Quote Originally Posted by jgredline
    I actually bought it. $4200.00 bucks for it. The way I see it, is that at this point in my life, I have been working since I was 12 years old...I don't believe in credit, so when I buy something, I buy it.
    Wow, good glass really comes with a price tag. Good for you!

You mentioned in another thread that the Pentax 18-250 is made by Tamron. Are these lenses identical? I've found that the Tamron is a little more expensive. I'd personally rather have Pentax glass if possible, and if they are the same, that's the one I'd choose.
    Jim R

I went to the Griffith observatory today with my son and a buddy of mine I took one lens. My Tamron 18-250mm and did not miss any shots....Here are some of the 300 Or so images I shot today. The exif is intact so you can check the focal lengths. As I said earlier, my only complaint is the vignetting at 18mm..I left it on these images so you can see the photos as they come out of the camera. There was no PP done other than resizing and few with crops. Colors and all else are straight Jpegs from the camera...
    --

--

--

--

--

--

--

--

--

--

--

--

--
    The next few are shot with the built in flash..

--

--

--

--

--

--
    εὐχαριστέω σύ

Thread Information