Pentax and K-Mount Cameras Forum

Pentax Cameras Forum For discussing Pentax cameras and all K-Mount SLRs, including Pentax and Samsung digital SLRs. Your Pentax Cameras Forum moderator is ken1953.
Pentax Digital SLR Reviews >>
Samsung Digital SLR Reviews >>
Pentax 35mm SLR Reviews >>
All Pentax Product Reviews >>

K10D camera blog

I too just got the K10D after owning a DL for a year and a half. The Pentax manuals to say the least are not very informative and you have to have a good understanding of basic camera functions to be able to understand the manuals. This includes the flash manuals.

I am working my way through the manual and writing in my blog. If you are interested please follow along and leave comments on how I can make the blog better.

Right now I've started with the basic stuff and will delve in deeper to each setting as time goes on.

It's a learning experience for me and I might was well pass the info on to others.
    My blog - Photography Rulez

'Slim' - K10D and *ist DL w/ SMCP DA 70mm 2.4 Limited, SMCP-DA 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6, SMC M 28mm f/2.8, SMC M 50mm f/1.7, and Tamron AF75-300mm f/4-5.6 LD Macro
    Slim of the Clan O'Canon - A1 w/ FD 28, 50, 70-210 & Sigma 500/1000 f8/f16

Re: K10D camera blog

i got a K100D Super recently and i gotta say the manual, while huge, is also slightly informative

it jsut runs through what the buttons and menu options do and gives a brief explantiona nd some examples of how and when to use them

it think it does what it should

hows your K10D?

i'm loving my K100D

The red headed step child jgredline's Avatar

Hi Did u get the K100d or the super
    εὐχαριστέω σύ
    αποκαλυπτεται γαρ οργη θεου απ ουρανου επι πασαν ασεβειαν και αδικιαν ανθρωπων των την αληθειαν εν αδικια κατεχοντων
    διοτι το γνωστον του θεου φανερον εστιν εν αυτοις ο γαρ θεος αυτοις εφανερωσεν
    τα γαρ αορατα αυτου απο κτισεως κοσμου τοις ποιημασιν νοουμενα καθοραται η τε αιδιος αυτου δυναμις και θειοτης εις το ειναι αυτους αναπολογητους

Hey,

I bought a K100D Super and dont regret buying it at all. However, the manual doesn't really explain all of the functions that exist, particularly when shooting in RAW.

After owning it for two months, I feel I should know more about it, but don't. I guess thats the fun of photography.
    danic

George Zimbel: Digital diahhrea is a disease for which there is a simple cure. Take one frame of a scene. It is exquisite training for your eye and your brain. Try it for a month. Then try it for another month…then try it for another month…..

RedBubble

I'm loving the K10D, but compared to the *ist DL it takes a bit of work to coax great images out of it, but it is capable of taking GREAT images.

Hopefully my 70mm 2.4 lens will be in this week. I'm planning on framing some portraits as Christmas presents for the family back home this year.
    My blog - Photography Rulez

'Slim' - K10D and *ist DL w/ SMCP DA 70mm 2.4 Limited, SMCP-DA 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6, SMC M 28mm f/2.8, SMC M 50mm f/1.7, and Tamron AF75-300mm f/4-5.6 LD Macro
    Slim of the Clan O'Canon - A1 w/ FD 28, 50, 70-210 & Sigma 500/1000 f8/f16

Quote Originally Posted by cyberlord
    I too just got the K10D after owning a DL for a year and a half. The Pentax manuals to say the least are not very informative and you have to have a good understanding of basic camera functions to be able to understand the manuals. This includes the flash manuals.

I am working my way through the manual and writing in my blog. If you are interested please follow along and leave comments on how I can make the blog better.

Right now I've started with the basic stuff and will delve in deeper to each setting as time goes on.

It's a learning experience for me and I might was well pass the info on to others.

Hello all, I am a newbie and just purchased my first DSLR (2 hours) ago a major upgrade from a Sony DSC-S85, I bought the Pentax K10D and I am to say the least, I plan to make this my new home and Cyberlord, I bookmarked your site also, so I will be hang there also, just got the stardard kit, until I master the lens, when I start taking some decent pictures, I will post for some critic from you guys.

Thread Information