Pentax and K-Mount Cameras Forum

Pentax Cameras Forum For discussing Pentax cameras and all K-Mount SLRs, including Pentax and Samsung digital SLRs. Your Pentax Cameras Forum moderator is ken1953.
Pentax Digital SLR Reviews >>
Samsung Digital SLR Reviews >>
Pentax 35mm SLR Reviews >>
All Pentax Product Reviews >>

I still have one lens for sale: Pentax 100mm f/2.8 Macro

Pentax D FA 100mm f/2.8 Macro Lens for Pentax and Samsung Digital SLR Cameras
    As close to new as possible! $375.00 SHIPPED(Priority Mail, Insured)

I purchased this lens new two months ago and it has been mounted only once. This ultra sharp true macro lens will allow you to focus close up. The lens was purchased from an Authorized Pentax dealer and the warranty has not yet been filled out. I am selling the lens because I have decided to switch to Canon. Don't pass up the chance to own this excellent lens at a great price!

From Amazon.com:

Product Features

* Made By: PENTAX IMAGING COMPANY
    * Model Number: 21520
    * See Description

Technical Details

* Focal length: 100mm
    * Maximum aperture: f/2.8
    * Lens construction: 9 elements in 8 groups
    * Diaphragm: Fully automatic
    * Angle of view: 24.5 degrees
    * Diaphragm blades: 8
    * Minimum aperture: f/32
    * Metering: TTL open-aperture metering
    * Minimum focusing distance: 11.93 inches
    * Macro magnification ratio: 1x
    * Filter diameter: 49mm
    * AF mount: Pentax and Samsung
    * Dimensions: 2.7 inches in diameter
    * Weight: Information not available
    * Lens hood: PH-RBC 49mm (included)

Need to get super close when photographing subjects? Turn to this Pentax P-D FA 100mm f/2.8 macro lens. Designed specifically for Pentax and Samsung digital SLR cameras, the lens positions its curved optical elements to virtually eliminate flare and ghosting to create clear, high-quality images. The versatile lens also offers Pentax's acclaimed multilayer coating to lower surface reflection and reduce ultraviolet rays. Also functional as a telephoto lens.

Product Description
    The PENTAX smc P-D FA 100mm F2.8 macro is designed specifically for digital cameras. It utilizes curvature and positioning of optical elements to virtually eliminate flare and ghosting for clear, high-quality images particularly important to digital photography. This versatile lens can also be used a telephoto lens and features our acclaimed multi-layer coating to lower surface reflection, reduce ultraviolet rays, and deliver clear, high-contrast images.

I took these shots the only time I actually used the lens:

Jim R

Canon 5D mkII - Canon 17-40mm f/4L, Canon 50mm f/1.4, Canon 70-200 f/2.8L, Canon 100mm f/2.8 Macro

Re: I still have one lens for sale: Pentax 100mm f/2.8 Macro

i think this should be under "free classifieds"
    I wish to learn all you can teach me about photography! :thumbsup:

Sale Pending

Quote Originally Posted by blazing fire
    i think this should be under "free classifieds"
    I considered putting it in there, but the classifieds on this site are very jumbled and confusing. Unless a buyer knows exactly what they are looking for, it's difficult to find anything there. The Pentax forum makes the most sense, imo.
    Jim R

Canon 5D mkII - Canon 17-40mm f/4L, Canon 50mm f/1.4, Canon 70-200 f/2.8L, Canon 100mm f/2.8 Macro

This lens is sold!
    Jim R

Quote Originally Posted by spiraleyes
    Sale Pending

I considered putting it in there, but the classifieds on this site are very jumbled and confusing. Unless a buyer knows exactly what they are looking for, it's difficult to find anything there. The Pentax forum makes the most sense, imo.
    That i agree. Perhaps we should petition for a change of layout

Anyway, congrats on your successful transaction!
    I wish to learn all you can teach me about photography! :thumbsup:

Cograts Jim, I am sure the buyer will be very happy with that lens.

Be sure to post some pictures with your new camera and lens.

I have always enjoyed the pictures you have posted here.

My son has the same exact lens that you sold and is pleased with it.
    K10d pentax 50-200 f4-5.6 sigma 100-300 f4 sigma 18-50mm f2.8 ex dc macro Kenko AF 1.5 DG

Quote Originally Posted by PeteE
    Cograts Jim, I am sure the buyer will be very happy with that lens.

Be sure to post some pictures with your new camera and lens.

I have always enjoyed the pictures you have posted here.

My son has the same exact lens that you sold and is pleased with it.
    Thanks for the positive feedback on my pictures!

I really wish I would have had some time to use the macro lens. I'll most likely pick up another one in the next few months.

All the new pics I post will be in the Canon subforum:eek6:
    Jim R

Pentax Forum Moderator

Actually, we are not opposed to people selling in the forums as long as it doesn't become an issue. PR started the Free Classifieds forum and it does get a bit of a following, but sometimes, as in Jims case, where he was selling to a select clientele, Pentaxians, I felt it was well suited to this forum and would give him his best outlet for reaching Pentax interested people and give our readers an excellent opportunity to get some fine gear.

However, as always, I will follow each of these situations and evaluate each on their own merit. And if we start getting an excessive number, I will start moving them to the "Free Classifieds" forum.
    Ken

Click these links for the K5 Review Page and the K7 Review Page
    Remember, Reviews help keep our site free!!!

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

The K-Teams Updated Logo CLICK HERE to add a link. Many thanx go to Axle for his hard work.

Nikon Samurai #20

And besides............It worked!
    I know I'm looking forward to playing with this gem.
    Happy too, that I could get a deal while helping out another forum denizen.
    i've rarely looked in the resale forum.
    Thanks for offering it here Spiraleyes.
    Thanks for allowing it Ken.
    Ken? would it be possible from your end to just link off to the proper sales forum from within the OEM forums?
    Look through a glass eye.
    Give it a few tries.
    Nothing goes right in its time.
    --Tally Hall--

Quote Originally Posted by ken1953
    Actually, we are not opposed to people selling in the forums as long as it doesn't become an issue. PR started the Free Classifieds forum and it does get a bit of a following, but sometimes, as in Jims case, where he was selling to a select clientele, Pentaxians, I felt it was well suited to this forum and would give him his best outlet for reaching Pentax interested people and give our readers an excellent opportunity to get some fine gear.

However, as always, I will follow each of these situations and evaluate each on their own merit. And if we start getting an excessive number, I will start moving them to the "Free Classifieds" forum.
    Thanks, Ken! :thumbsup:
    Jim R

Pentax Forum Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by snoid
    Ken? would it be possible from your end to just link off to the proper sales forum from within the OEM forums?
    Hi Snoid...not sure what you mean there. But, for example, if YOU wanted to say post something in the "FREE CLASSIFIEDS" forum and then link a message here (or an appropriate OEM forum), I don't see why that wouldn't be proper.
    However, I wouldn't post it in more than one forum, then you would be starting to spam and that would be frowned upon. Of course, sometimes, you may want to post something in the VF forum since it gets the majority of users. As you may recall, that is the forum that is like our living room where most of us gather to just "chat" and "share".
    As for me going through and linking to proper OEM forums, this would be far too time consuming for me. I love my position as moderator, but it is just a hobby for me and something I do to help out and to provide a safe environment for our members and readers.
    If you mean some sort of programming thing, that is something PJ and the programmers would have to look at. But having a little knowledge in this area, I believe it is something that would be far too complex to put into practical use, especially on such a small site.
    FYI, we moderators are just users, like yourself, who moderate seperate forums for proper use and spammers. We really have no powers or abilities except to delete inappropriate posts, or to let PJ know of things he needs to handle. We also try to make users feel welcome and when necessary direct users or posts to appropriate forums. Other than that, we're just here to enjoy the company of other photographers and photography in general.
    Hope this answers your question.
    Ken

Click these links for the K5 Review Page and the K7 Review Page
    Remember, Reviews help keep our site free!!!

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

The K-Teams Updated Logo CLICK HERE to add a link. Many thanx go to Axle for his hard work.

Nikon Samurai #20

Thread Information