• 12-20-2011, 11:25 AM
    Tom Sparks
    Growth at last for Pentax?
    I have been watching the recent developments for Pentax. With Ricoh taking ownership. Change is always a bit scarry. But have you noticed changes already in the way that the brand is being presented? Major leaks about possible FF mirrorless camera, the actual changes to the website to make it more fresh, modern with several new products?

It looks like there are more places to purchase Pentax. I've also heard talk about a more agressive advertising and the possible use of Pentax Evangalists.

It looks to me that Ricoh intends to develop the brand and make it a money maker.
  • 12-20-2011, 06:07 PM
    Transit
    Re: Growth at last for Pentax?
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom Sparks View Post
    I ....

It looks to me that Ricoh intends to develop the brand and make it a money maker.

Yep...I think it's good

Pete
  • 02-11-2012, 04:09 PM
    khmerxbxbxboi
    I'm try to get this camera also ;) good price and good for a small item to put in a bag.
  • 02-13-2012, 10:10 AM
    mattb
    Yes, and 7 new lenses on the horizon. It's an exciting time to be a Pentaxian. I'm so glad Ricoh bought them. Hoya just seemed content to let them wither.
  • 02-14-2012, 03:17 PM
    Transit
    Yep things are definitely looking up :)

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7001/6...e1a584eb_z.jpg
  • 05-17-2012, 06:34 PM
    SalamanderStrikes
    Ooh! I'm still releatively new to Pentax, but I adore it. I have a Pentax K-x (1 and a half years old) and I love it's ability to use much older lenses. My dad just got himself an K-r (BRIGHT blue) and has an old pentax lens from probably the earlyish 80s (certainly before my time) which I've borrowed from time to time in glee.