Gear Spotlight Challenge

Printable View

• 09-09-2008, 04:48 PM
    ken1953
    Gear Spotlight Challenge
    ***To see the gear spotlight threads, in the main menu, click on "Rating" column and it will sort into highest rated threads first. I have been going through and rating all the Spotlight threads as 5 stars so they will all be near the top.***

Hello all,
    Here on the Pentax forum recently, we have had a few threads spotlight a couple of lenses. Personally I think this is a great idea.

I'd like to see this open up to include some of the cameras that this forum is about, other favorite lenses, classic cameras, etc.

Also, if you have a lense that we are spotlighting but it's for another camera, please feel free to let us see how your camera handles that particular lens.

All are welcome to comment.

All I ask is that posters please post all of your data about the shot...i.e. camera, lens, settings, film used (if it's a film camera, etc.

Commenters, as usual, please be positive and helpful.
  • 09-09-2008, 05:52 PM
    spiraleyes
    Re: Gear Spotlight Challenge
    Great idea!
  • 03-15-2009, 09:07 PM
    A.M.D.A.
    Quote:

Originally Posted by ken1953
    ***To see the gear spotlight threads, in the main menu, click on "Rating" column and it will sort into highest rated threads first. I have been going through and rating all the Spotlight threads as 5 stars so they will all be near the top.***

Hello all,
    Here on the Pentax forum recently, we have had a few threads spotlight a couple of lenses. Personally I think this is a great idea.

I'd like to see this open up to include some of the cameras that this forum is about, other favorite lenses, classic cameras, etc.

Also, if you have a lense that we are spotlighting but it's for another camera, please feel free to let us see how your camera handles that particular lens.

All are welcome to comment.

All I ask is that posters please post all of your data about the shot...i.e. camera, lens, settings, film used (if it's a film camera, etc.

Commenters, as usual, please be positive and helpful.

Hey Ken,

Great idea, I have a question:

Is there some kind of rule that decides which lenses/cameras/accessories qualify for spotlighting? Like obviously a PENTAX neck strap probably not, but would my *ist D and 3 lenses be all right? I would like to write up some "mini-reviews" with pics and share them here, just wondering if its OK and there is any interest. :)
  • 03-16-2009, 04:35 AM
    ken1953
    Of course Alex, please spotlight your gear. This all started with jgredline (Javier) spotlighting some of his lenses and others joining in. Then some of the users of these lenses who use them on other manufacturers cameras asked if they could join in. Thats when I came up with the idea for everyone to join in. Of course, we are trying to show off how the gear performs through photographs, but the mini reviews will also be welcome.
    Everyone, Please feel free to spotlight all of your gear. Of course, Pentax gear is always welcome!!! Regardless of it's age!!! hehe..