• 04-09-2008, 09:19 AM
    shutterpuppy
    Eveloop Batteries In My New k200d..OK?
    Hey All,
    I was quite surprised when my new Pentax arrived yesterday and it came with Lithium batteries as opposed to plain alkalines. It seems the manual also recommends them as well. I have many used and unused Enveloops and other rechargeable AA types and was wondering if anyone has experienced any problems using these types of batteries.

Thanks
    Barry
  • 04-09-2008, 11:44 PM
    ken1953
    Re: Eveloop Batteries In My New k200d..OK?
    I have used Energizer 2500mah almost exclusively in my *ist DLs and have had wonderful results. They are long lasting and easy to carry spares or get spares in a hurry if need be. I should think that the K200 should not be that much different. I usually get around 200 or more shots before needing to change. The only time I've ever had any probs is when I let the batteries get too low. And of course, that's only common sense for any battery usage..DON'T let your batteries run all the way down...
  • 04-11-2008, 11:40 PM
    jgredline
    In both my K110D and K100D super I use CRV-3 lithium rechargeables...Best thing since sliced bread. Well over 600 Images from a fully charged set.
  • 04-25-2008, 09:12 AM
    ozbuc
    A question to jgredline, I have been looking for a set of crv3 lithiums and a charger that charges two batteries at a time. All of the chargers that I have seen charge just one battery at a time. Any suggestions for a good charger that charges two? Thanks in advance for any and all help.
  • 05-14-2008, 11:31 PM
    jgredline
    Quote:

Originally Posted by ozbuc
    A question to jgredline, I have been looking for a set of crv3 lithiums and a charger that charges two batteries at a time. All of the chargers that I have seen charge just one battery at a time. Any suggestions for a good charger that charges two? Thanks in advance for any and all help.

Sorry for the late response. For some reason I do not always get my e mail notifications...As far as the CRV-3's go, I have only seen single battery chargers and I have looked for them. Infact I have spent a small fortune on CRV-3 batteries and chargers.
    Personally, I use this charger http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...C_Charger.html
    and these batteries.. http://www.amazon.com/Digital-Lithiu.../dp/B000G63NNE
    I have found these to be very consistent in voltage and do not seem to loose the charge when sitting...I have no problem recommending these..
  • 05-15-2008, 06:46 AM
    ozbuc
    Thanks for tips Javier, The batteries are out of stock at Amazon but I will keep checking there.
  • 06-20-2008, 10:10 AM
    wileloman
    Hello all.

I just purchased a K200d, and i have some old crv3 batteries from my kodak z612.

Does CRV3 point to a specific battery, or a range of batteries.... are th old kodak's ok for the K200d.

It's my first slr, and i love it!

Thank you

wl
  • 06-20-2008, 10:29 AM
    jgredline
    Quote:

Originally Posted by wileloman
    Hello all.

I just purchased a K200d, and i have some old crv3 batteries from my kodak z612.

Does CRV3 point to a specific battery, or a range of batteries.... are th old kodak's ok for the K200d.

It's my first slr, and i love it!

Thank you

wl

welcome to PR, Here you will find a great group of folks.
    As for your question, they will work so long as they do not exceed 3.0 volts each for a max of 6 volts. Many of the chineese batteries are not regulated so be careful with those.
  • 06-20-2008, 02:27 PM
    wileloman
    jgre:

thank you for the informative reply

i will watch out

i will look around the site and forums more this evening

wl