Pentax and K-Mount Cameras Forum

Pentax Cameras Forum For discussing Pentax cameras and all K-Mount SLRs, including Pentax and Samsung digital SLRs. Your Pentax Cameras Forum moderator is ken1953.
Pentax Digital SLR Reviews >>
Samsung Digital SLR Reviews >>
Pentax 35mm SLR Reviews >>
All Pentax Product Reviews >>

dust on pentax ist DL2

i've got a prob.just bought a pentax istDL2,i seem to have dust specs and even a hair or similar above the top window.which is above the shutter window.so in short where i cant get to it.ive had this exchanged for same prob 2 weeks ago,the shop jessops uk said that he would exchange this time .can anyone help

andrew

Panarus biarmicus Moderator (Sports) SmartWombat's Avatar

Re: dust on pentax ist DL2

On a digital SLR dust is a fact of life.
    When you change lenses, dust gets in.
    Some Zoom lenses that extend and shring the barrel when you zoom, also move dust about as the volume of air changes.

Film SLR cameras it's easy, open up the back and blow out the dust !
    You can't do that on a digital SLR and once you get dust in it's hard to clean out without damaging the camera.
    PAul

Scroll down to the Sports Forum and post your sports pictures !

Pentax Forum Moderator

Hello Hayes....My wife and I have the ist DL also. We had the same problem on hers and eventually had to send it to the factory to get it cleaned. Now mine has a hair or something above the mirror that blowing won't get out, so I am preparing to send mine in, also. I don't know if there is any other way to get the dirt out if it is above the mirror. If you find a way, please let me know.
    Ken
    Ken

Click these links for the K5 Review Page and the K7 Review Page
    Remember, Reviews help keep our site free!!!

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

The K-Teams Updated Logo CLICK HERE to add a link. Many thanx go to Axle for his hard work.

Nikon Samurai #20

The first thing to try is a bulb-blower, you can buy one at any camera store. Usually that clears the dust off the filter that sits in front of the sensor. Your camera will have a sensor cleaning mode, read the instruction book to find out how to use it.

The next stage would be one of the sensor cleaning kits that are sold for digital SLR's. I've always been careful changing lenses so I've never needed more than the bulb-blower. But at some point, every DSLR will require careful sensor cleaning.

If you're not sure what you're doing, perhaps a local camera store has a sensor cleaning service. Just be sure to be very gentle when cleaning the sensor, you don't want to get a scratch on the filter that sits in front of the sensor.

Thread Information