Pentax and K-Mount Cameras Forum

Pentax Cameras Forum For discussing Pentax cameras and all K-Mount SLRs, including Pentax and Samsung digital SLRs. Your Pentax Cameras Forum moderator is ken1953.
Pentax Digital SLR Reviews >>
Samsung Digital SLR Reviews >>
Pentax 35mm SLR Reviews >>
All Pentax Product Reviews >>

Looking for a Pentax repair shop

I have decided to start shooting my K1000 again and would like to have a professional Pentax repair shop check out and repair the camera. Pentax Corp no longer services the K1000, but I would guess that there probably are some technicians who can still clean/fix my camera. So if anyone could please direct me to a reputable Pentax shop or two, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,

Scott

Pentax Forum Moderator

Re: Looking for a Pentax repair shop

Hi Scott, It would help to know your location. Even tho' Pentax doesn't service the k1000 anymore, they do have "Authorized Pentax" repair shops facilities that can usually get anything fixed. Check the Pentax site for repair shops/dealers in your area.
    Otherwords let us know your location and we can maybe point you in a better direction. If you are near Madison, Wisconsin, there is a shop there that has a very good rep. Let me know if you're near and I'll get you the name and address. They worked on my older pentax slr's and did a good job.
    Ken

Click these links for the K5 Review Page and the K7 Review Page
    Remember, Reviews help keep our site free!!!

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

The K-Teams Updated Logo CLICK HERE to add a link. Many thanx go to Axle for his hard work.

Nikon Samurai #20

Wink Re: Looking for a Pentax repair shop

This is my first day on the forum but have been a Pentax shooter since the early seventies.
    My K1000 was dropped in Yellowstone and needed lots of work.. Happily CameraTechs are in Ballard Washington. They went over the old girl fixed what needing fixing and had it back to me in a week for way less then I expected. These guys only work on manuals of all types
    Whidbey

Thread Information