Back to Kodak

Printable View

• 12-22-2008, 04:22 PM
    ken1953
    Back to Kodak
    Life has come full circle for me. After being without a camera for the past several months, I finally bit the bullet and bought an interim camera until I can get my Pentax's fixed.
    I bought the wife a Kodak Z1012 IS. Of course, I'll probably use it just as much, if not more. haha
    The reason I chose this camera is that it has much of the same things as my old Nikon CP8400 had in that it has a pretty good manual feature, plus it's video capabilites seem to be excellent and very high quality. I will give a full review after I've had a chance to use it for a while.
    The other reason I bought this is that I started out on a Kodak and I learned a lot with that P/S and still miss it. I did look at several others but the lack of a viewfinder and very limited choice in this area which really didn't matter that much since I think I found what I was looking for.
    Anyway, I'll post some pics later.
  • 12-22-2008, 05:34 PM
    Ron Kruger
    Re: Back to Kodak
    Are you having trouble with Pentax too? I bought a K20D a few months ago, and it is starting to remind me of a Ford I owned once. When it ran, it was great, but I had to have it repaired all the time.
  • 12-22-2008, 08:05 PM
    ken1953
    Hi Ron, no, I'm not having probs with Pentax...Most on here know my story...so I left out a few parts. Last year, I got some very bad water spots on "my" ist DL sensor, and since the wife had an ist DL also, I never sent mine in to be cleaned, because of a weak financial situation. Well earlier this year, I left hers sitting on top of my van when I had to make a trip to the VA hospital. About 3 miles from the house...I heard a thump, thump, looked in the rearview mirror to see it bouncing down the freeway. We've been without cameras since. It probably would've been cheaper to send off my camera for some serious cleaning, but since Christmas was here, I decided to by this Kodak as an interim until I save to fix mine and buy her a new K20D. Finances are still bad, but the New Year forecast looks pretty good for us, financially, and hopefully we can get back to the DSLR's soon, and will have a good backup camera to boot.
    I guess I've been lucky with all my cameras. I had to send my wifes back shortly after we got it because of dust on the sensor we couldn't get off and neither could the shop where we bought it. But since we got it back, it's been great, as has mine.
  • 12-23-2008, 06:07 AM
    mjs1973
    Congrats on the new camera Ken. It's always fun to get new toys to play with. I'm looking forward to seeing what you do for this months club assignment with your new toy. :)
  • 12-23-2008, 06:37 AM
    ken1953
    I've already got my spot staked out...just waiting for a nice full moon. There's a great meadow over by the "M" with Platteville in the background!!!! Took the camera last night, but weather was too bad to take 10 minutes to play around. I was 45 minutes late getting papers out. Snow was pretty bad and drifting was really bad when I first got started. Got better as the night went on. I'm getting real tired of this stuff, real fast!!! hehehe

I hope everyone is careful in all this bad weather and everyone have a great holiday.