Pentax and K-Mount Cameras Forum

Pentax Cameras Forum For discussing Pentax cameras and all K-Mount SLRs, including Pentax and Samsung digital SLRs. Your Pentax Cameras Forum moderator is ken1953.
Pentax Digital SLR Reviews >>
Samsung Digital SLR Reviews >>
Pentax 35mm SLR Reviews >>
All Pentax Product Reviews >>
    Pentax Forum Moderator

Auto Rotate on ist DL

Hi all...I'm shooting the West Texas Relays today and tomorrow and am uploading them to www.leavethecamera.com. My problem is that I need to find a way for my camera to auto rotate to make uploading a little easier.
    Does anyone know if it is possible. It sure would make life much simpler as I'm shooting about 1500 kids at this track meet.
    Ken
    Ken

Click these links for the K5 Review Page and the K7 Review Page
    Remember, Reviews help keep our site free!!!

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

The K-Teams Updated Logo CLICK HERE to add a link. Many thanx go to Axle for his hard work.

Nikon Samurai #20

Re: Auto Rotate on ist DL

It's not an autorotate, but in picture view, hit the down arrow (around the OK button) and it will rotate 90 CCW. Keep hitting the down arrow until its where you want it. Then hit the OK button and it will save it.

I haven't tried it in RAW format, but since your uploading straight off the camera I doubt that will be a problem.

Tim
    My blog - Photography Rulez

'Slim' - K10D and *ist DL w/ SMCP DA 70mm 2.4 Limited, SMCP-DA 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6, SMC M 28mm f/2.8, SMC M 50mm f/1.7, and Tamron AF75-300mm f/4-5.6 LD Macro
    Slim of the Clan O'Canon - A1 w/ FD 28, 50, 70-210 & Sigma 500/1000 f8/f16

Pentax Forum Moderator

Thanx Cyberlord...I was hoping for an autorotate since I have so many to do, so if that's the only way, I guess I'll just use windows browser/viewer to rotate or my CS2...but thanx, I didn't even know you could do what you said...
    Ken
    Ken

Click these links for the K5 Review Page and the K7 Review Page
    Remember, Reviews help keep our site free!!!

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

The K-Teams Updated Logo CLICK HERE to add a link. Many thanx go to Axle for his hard work.

Nikon Samurai #20

I just found out myself. What it does (I was coming back to edit my post) is change the EXIF data. Flickr reads the data and rotates the images properly and I would expect most graphic websites would display it correctly. GIMP does not tho nor does my viewing program showimg (Unix) but showimg rotates the thumbnails correctly just not the main image. I edited a test photo in GIMP and uploaded to Flickr and it displays properly.

Batch rotation in CS would be best. I do that by dividing my photos into 2 folders one ofr horz and one for vert. Then run the batch file on the vert folder.

Tim
    My blog - Photography Rulez

'Slim' - K10D and *ist DL w/ SMCP DA 70mm 2.4 Limited, SMCP-DA 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6, SMC M 28mm f/2.8, SMC M 50mm f/1.7, and Tamron AF75-300mm f/4-5.6 LD Macro
    Slim of the Clan O'Canon - A1 w/ FD 28, 50, 70-210 & Sigma 500/1000 f8/f16

Thread Information