Auto Rotate on ist DL

Printable View

• 03-09-2007, 07:34 PM
    ken1953
    Auto Rotate on ist DL
    Hi all...I'm shooting the West Texas Relays today and tomorrow and am uploading them to www.leavethecamera.com. My problem is that I need to find a way for my camera to auto rotate to make uploading a little easier.
    Does anyone know if it is possible. It sure would make life much simpler as I'm shooting about 1500 kids at this track meet.
    Ken
  • 03-11-2007, 05:15 PM
    cyberlord
    Re: Auto Rotate on ist DL
    It's not an autorotate, but in picture view, hit the down arrow (around the OK button) and it will rotate 90 CCW. Keep hitting the down arrow until its where you want it. Then hit the OK button and it will save it.

I haven't tried it in RAW format, but since your uploading straight off the camera I doubt that will be a problem.

Tim
  • 03-11-2007, 05:26 PM
    ken1953
    Thanx Cyberlord...I was hoping for an autorotate since I have so many to do, so if that's the only way, I guess I'll just use windows browser/viewer to rotate or my CS2...but thanx, I didn't even know you could do what you said...
    Ken
  • 03-11-2007, 05:47 PM
    cyberlord
    I just found out myself. What it does (I was coming back to edit my post) is change the EXIF data. Flickr reads the data and rotates the images properly and I would expect most graphic websites would display it correctly. GIMP does not tho nor does my viewing program showimg (Unix) but showimg rotates the thumbnails correctly just not the main image. I edited a test photo in GIMP and uploaded to Flickr and it displays properly.

Batch rotation in CS would be best. I do that by dividing my photos into 2 folders one ofr horz and one for vert. Then run the batch file on the vert folder.

Tim