Pentax and K-Mount Cameras Forum

Pentax Cameras Forum For discussing Pentax cameras and all K-Mount SLRs, including Pentax and Samsung digital SLRs. Your Pentax Cameras Forum moderator is ken1953.
Pentax Digital SLR Reviews >>
Samsung Digital SLR Reviews >>
Pentax 35mm SLR Reviews >>
All Pentax Product Reviews >>

Pentax Hotshoe Adapter F pinout

I'm building an off camera strobe lighting setup and have home-brewed most of it.

I made a plug that fits the 5 pin socket on my Pentax flash and I fabricated a hot-shoe for the *ist DL. What I am looking for is the pin connections from the hot-shoe contacts the the 5 pin socket on the hot-shoe adapter.

If someone has a Pentax hot-shoe adapter F and a ohm/multi-meter, would they be so kind as to ohm the contacts to the pins and post the results?

I'll post my home-brew project as soon as I get all the details worked out and get some test shots fired.

Thanks,

Tim
    My blog - Photography Rulez

'Slim' - K10D and *ist DL w/ SMCP DA 70mm 2.4 Limited, SMCP-DA 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6, SMC M 28mm f/2.8, SMC M 50mm f/1.7, and Tamron AF75-300mm f/4-5.6 LD Macro
    Slim of the Clan O'Canon - A1 w/ FD 28, 50, 70-210 & Sigma 500/1000 f8/f16

Re: Pentax Hotshoe Adapter F pinout

Quote Originally Posted by cyberlord
    I'm building an off camera strobe lighting setup and have home-brewed most of it.

I made a plug that fits the 5 pin socket on my Pentax flash and I fabricated a hot-shoe for the *ist DL. What I am looking for is the pin connections from the hot-shoe contacts the the 5 pin socket on the hot-shoe adapter.

If someone has a Pentax hot-shoe adapter F and a ohm/multi-meter, would they be so kind as to ohm the contacts to the pins and post the results?

I'll post my home-brew project as soon as I get all the details worked out and get some test shots fired.

Thanks,

Tim
    There are many companies that make a hot shoe X-Sync adapters. I got mine made by Hama. They are a small metal cube that fits tightly in the to hot shoe. Used it on my 350D when not using my other camera's. I generally use an infra red remote controller though...

Re: Pentax Hotshoe Adapter F pinout

Yeah, but they don't do P-TTL and all the fancy stuff the 540FGZ can do with out the 5 pins connected. I built a PC sync cable from some old flash parts I had laying around and it works fine for all manual mode.

I did however get the pinouts from another forum but could never get the hotshoe contacts to make contact correctly.
    My blog - Photography Rulez

'Slim' - K10D and *ist DL w/ SMCP DA 70mm 2.4 Limited, SMCP-DA 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6, SMC M 28mm f/2.8, SMC M 50mm f/1.7, and Tamron AF75-300mm f/4-5.6 LD Macro
    Slim of the Clan O'Canon - A1 w/ FD 28, 50, 70-210 & Sigma 500/1000 f8/f16

Thread Information