Pentax and K-Mount Cameras Forum

Pentax Cameras Forum For discussing Pentax cameras and all K-Mount SLRs, including Pentax and Samsung digital SLRs. Your Pentax Cameras Forum moderator is ken1953.
Pentax Digital SLR Reviews >>
Samsung Digital SLR Reviews >>
Pentax 35mm SLR Reviews >>
All Pentax Product Reviews >>

Thread: Pentax K10D

Pentax K10D

Hello,

My name is Jason, and I am from Austin, TX.
    I am a frequent P&S photo monster. I take pics of everything, and anything. I don't know why. I just know since the age of 13 when I got my first Pentax ZX-M I have been hooked on photo's of ANYTHING. Well..as of now I am using a Sony DSC - H5 P&S. I have been pouring over the forums, and every where else on this Pentax K10D. (I'm trying to step in to the big boy DSLR market) I have read only one negative comment on this camera , and it's that the JPEG format shooting comes out a bit soft, but RAW is perfectly sharp, and has amazing results.

I always carry my camera's with me everywhere. Now, can this camera stand up to everyday photo's, some abuse (riding in my car, boat, or RV) ...

THanks.

Re: Pentax K10D

The default setting for jpeg on the Pentax DSLR's is to NOT do any in-camera sharpening. There is a menu setting which will allow you to increase the sharpness of the jpegs that the camera produces.

There is also a "bright" setting you can use to add extra punch to jpegs.

Penatx lets users do their own post-processing sharpening in order to preserve detail. But if you want the camera to do it for you,it's in the menu.

Thread Information