XZ-1 dynamic range

Printable View

• 04-30-2011, 11:57 AM
    SmartWombat
    1 Attachment(s)
    XZ-1 dynamic range
    Not bad, no work done yet in post to bring out the highlight/shadow detail.
  • 05-01-2011, 03:36 AM
    Asmarlak
    Re: XZ-1 dynamic range
    Not bad at all for the little one. Most DSLRs would give similar result, some even not as good.

Olympus strategies remind me in many ways of what Apple computers did to gain back big chunk of market share. I think they'd come up with some wonderful things in the near future.
  • 05-05-2011, 05:50 AM
    fotomatix
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Asmarlak
    Not bad at all for the little one. Most DSLRs would give similar result, some even not as good.

Olympus strategies remind me in many ways of what Apple computers did to gain back big chunk of market share. I think they'd come up with some wonderful things in the near future.

That's a good point. Exactly what I read in 'Photography Monthly' March 2011 issue from Grant Scott:

"........This is one seriously good-looking camera which echoes the clean lines, strong detail and pure white (although it does also come in matte black) of pretty much everything coming out of the Apple store at the moment.................

The (image) results are very clean, crisp, strong and rich in colour and although it's not super-high resolution , it's a great piece of kit and technology......."
  • 06-11-2011, 06:48 PM
    weilkevin
    Very cool.

Is that using manual settings or is that just iAuto? I haven't played around with it too much but I feel like the pictures I have taken like that have been fairly washed out.