• 10-20-2008, 12:59 PM
    Photo-John
    Working On E-520 Review Text
    I'm finally working on the text for my E-520 review. I've been using this camera for a long time - I had a prototype before it was even announced and was the first to post E-520 images on the Web. I am pretty sure I've used the E-520 more than any other camera, while I've had it. And there's a good chance I've used it more than anyone else out there.

Anyhoooo, since I'm working on the text now, I'm wondering if there's anything anyone would like me to check, cover, or pay special attention to. I won't be the first to post a review for the E-520, but I will certainly be the most experienced. And I'd like to make sure I answer all your questions in my review.
  • 10-20-2008, 01:57 PM
    Greg McCary
    Re: Working On E-520 Review Text
    Hmmm. I think the biggest questions from me is how the noise levels at high ISO's and IQ compare to the 510 and the E3. How well does the face detection works and maybe how it works? Also is there any improvements in the focusing system. I guess that covers it.
  • 10-20-2008, 05:40 PM
    Photo-John
    Cool. We have studio samples for all of the above, although I haven't uploaded the E-520 images yet. So image quality will be easy. I haven't really messed with the face detection so I'm glad you mentioned it. I will be sure to play with it. Auto focus is a little harder to compare without an E-510 here. But I do have subjective analysis and a definite opinion about the E-520's AF performance.

Thanks!
  • 10-21-2008, 09:32 AM
    erikzen
    What about the gradation feature of the E-520? I'd like some more information on that.
  • 10-21-2008, 04:59 PM
    xwingkiller
    the biggest thing ive been looking for is the exact comparisons in noise, iq, dr between 510, 520, and e3.
    it's tough for people to decide if its worth getting an e-520 over an e-510. it's also tough to decide if it's then worth the money to get the e3 over the 520.