• 01-02-2008, 02:50 AM
    grufh
    What's better....Xd Cards or CompactFlash?
    Does it really matter what kind of memory card I use with my Olympus Evolt 510?
  • 01-02-2008, 04:00 AM
    Greg McCary
    Re: What's better....Xd Cards or CompactFlash?
    CF cards are faster. I have both in my camera. You can do panos with Olympus Master 2 if you have the right kind of Xd card, but for day to day use the CF performs better. CF cards even format faster. Something you need to do between uplaods.
  • 01-02-2008, 04:32 AM
    grufh
    Thanks for that valuable information
  • 01-02-2008, 04:47 AM
    Greg McCary
    One good thing about having both. I have been known to take the camera out of the car and remember later that I have taken the CF card out. The Xd is a good back up in case this happens. I am bad to leave my CF's plugged into the computer.
  • 01-16-2008, 07:42 PM
    Tyson L. Sparks
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Greg McCary
    One good thing about having both. I have been known to take the camera out of the car and remember later that I have taken the CF card out. The Xd is a good back up in case this happens. I am bad to leave my CF's plugged into the computer.

I agree with you Greg, I keep an Xd card in my 500 as a backup and use my CF card. The only problem is my CF is only a one gig and my xd a 2 gig. I am shutter happy. I'll hit 5 frames of the same shot and delete the ones I don't want at home. The one gig fills fast.