Olympus Cameras and Four Thirds System Digital SLRs Forum

Olympus Cameras Forum Discuss Olympus film and digital cameras as well as Panasonic and Leica Four Thirds System digital SLRs - forum moderator is Greg McCary.
Olympus E-System Digital SLR Reviews >>
Panasonic Four Thirds Digital SLR Reviews >>
Leica Four Thirds Digital SLR Reviews >>
Official Four Thirds Web Page >>
Olympus OM-System 35mm SLR reviews >>
Olympus Cameras History Page >>

Thread: E-M5 at 3200

E-M5 at 3200

I mistakenly shoot this at 3200iso but I thought about keeping to share here. I think this is pretty impressive. I can enlarge it in post and it shows little signs of noise. The E-M5 is an amazing little camera. I think if Olympus could put out some really high grade m4/3rd lenses it would be sweet.
    I wonder though if most mirco 4/3rd shooters are more casual shooters than serious ones and would SHG lenses go over well?
    This is much better IQ than the E5.

E-M5 at 3200iso by Cosmonaut's, on Flickr
    I am like Barney Fife, I have a gun but Andy makes me keep the bullet in my pocket..

Sony a99/a7R

Liz

Re: E-M5 at 3200

It sure does look good at 3200!

How are you doing with the E-M5? I would be tempted to get it for many reasons; however, I'm a bit "technically challenged" and from what I've read it is quite complicated to operate - nothing like the other PENS. Plus there have been quite a few "glitches" that I've read about - many complaints about the camera shutting down or freezing which is momentarily "fixed" by removing and replacing the batteries.

Apparently the IBIS is the best out there. I might eventually be interested - the IBIS being one reason. I've always had a slight camera (hand) shake problem, and since I'm getting older, it isn't going to get any better. It seldom affects my images, but it is more apparent to me when I'm shooting.

At any rate, how do you like it so far?

Liz
    Olympus E-M5 digital camera
    Olympus E-PL5
    Lenses
    Olympus
    45mm/f1.8, 40-150

Panasonic
    14-45
    25mm/f1.4
    14mm/f2.5

Very nice Greg for 3200 iso.

How can I be lost
    If I've got nowhere to go?

Sony a55 16-50mm 2.8 ssm Minolta 50mm 70-300 dt 5.6

Quote Originally Posted by Liz View Post
    It sure does look good at 3200!

How are you doing with the E-M5? I would be tempted to get it for many reasons; however, I'm a bit "technically challenged" and from what I've read it is quite complicated to operate - nothing like the other PENS. Plus there have been quite a few "glitches" that I've read about - many complaints about the camera shutting down or freezing which is momentarily "fixed" by removing and replacing the batteries.

Apparently the IBIS is the best out there. I might eventually be interested - the IBIS being one reason. I've always had a slight camera (hand) shake problem, and since I'm getting older, it isn't going to get any better. It seldom affects my images, but it is more apparent to me when I'm shooting.

At any rate, how do you like it so far?

Liz
    Liz I am not sure where you read it was complicated to work I find the opposite to be true. Navigating the menu is like any other Olympus. The controls on the top are very simple to operate. Once you set up the two programmable buttons to your likening it's a breeze from there. No dial on the back, buttons, and knocking the settings off is much less likely to happen. If you were to get this camera Liz you probably would never need another upgrade. I can see very little Olympus could do to top this unless you were to be a demanding pro. Maybe focus peaking.
    I love this camera.
    I am like Barney Fife, I have a gun but Andy makes me keep the bullet in my pocket..

Sony a99/a7R

Thread Information