Olympus Cameras and Four Thirds System Digital SLRs Forum

Olympus Cameras Forum Discuss Olympus film and digital cameras as well as Panasonic and Leica Four Thirds System digital SLRs - forum moderator is Greg McCary.
Olympus E-System Digital SLR Reviews >>
Panasonic Four Thirds Digital SLR Reviews >>
Leica Four Thirds Digital SLR Reviews >>
Official Four Thirds Web Page >>
Olympus OM-System 35mm SLR reviews >>
Olympus Cameras History Page >>

Thread: Firmware Update

Firmware Update

I think I remember when the E500 just came out there were several who had trouble updating their firmware. I just updated mine to the latest version. Also the firmware to my Zuiko 14-54mm lens. I was just checking in to see if anyone has tried it recently and are having problems?
    Greg
    Last edited by Greg McCary; 04-28-2007 at 07:43 PM.
    I am like Barney Fife, I have a gun but Andy makes me keep the bullet in my pocket..

Sony a99/a7R

Re: Filmware Update

I will give it a shot later tonight.

How can I be lost
    If I've got nowhere to go?

Sony a55 16-50mm 2.8 ssm Minolta 50mm 70-300 dt 5.6

I think you mean firmware. It's a very simple process using the Oly Viewer software, it's an automatic download when you have your camera body hardwired into your computer and you select the "update firmware" option in Viewer.

Quote Originally Posted by Marc2B4
    I think you mean firmware. It's a very simple process using the Oly Viewer software, it's an automatic download when you have your camera body hardwired into your computer and you select the "update firmware" option in Viewer.
    My typo, thanks for the correction. And yes that's how you do it. Grammer is not my strong point.LOL Have you updated yours yet?
    I am like Barney Fife, I have a gun but Andy makes me keep the bullet in my pocket..

Sony a99/a7R

Re: Firmware Update

First thing I do when I buy a new piece of equipment is check the manufacturors site for updated drivers and firmware. Oly has come out with a bunch of firmware upgrades, right now I'm using 1.4 on my E-1s. Get your manual out that came with the camera as well as check the CD manual on the Oly Viewer software that came bundled with the camera. It gives detailed instructions as to how to go about updating. It's really simple and probably the easiest firmware upgrade I've ever done. I tip the hat to the engineers at Oly who designed it.

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by Marc2B4
    First thing I do when I buy a new piece of equipment is check the manufacturors site for updated drivers and firmware. Oly has come out with a bunch of firmware upgrades, right now I'm using 1.4 on my E-1s. Get your manual out that came with the camera as well as check the CD manual on the Oly Viewer software that came bundled with the camera. It gives detailed instructions as to how to go about updating. It's really simple and probably the easiest firmware upgrade I've ever done. I tip the hat to the engineers at Oly who designed it.

Mark
    Thanks again Mark. I have updated mine already.

Sony a99/a7R

I looked at my E500 today, I am alreadf using the 1.2 Firmware. I think that is as far as the E500 goes.

How can I be lost
    If I've got nowhere to go?

Sony a55 16-50mm 2.8 ssm Minolta 50mm 70-300 dt 5.6

Thread Information