Unpacking the XZ-1

Printable View

• 03-06-2011, 04:39 PM
    SmartWombat
    Unpacking the XZ-1
    Take everything out of the box.
    Really, trust me on this.
    There a a couple of important things that may be virtually impossible to find.
    1) the battery.
    Feels little larger than postage stamp, smaller than my cellphone battery.
    Eventually I found it in the corner of the box, under the AV connecting cable.
    2) the lens cap strap
    Tiny, but important.
    It's in such a thin small bag there's a good chance it's slid in under something.
    It's in there but I swear it turns invisible as I looked in the box. I gave up and shook everything out and found it on the table sticking to the cardboard insert by static.

Finally I have it unpacked, and charged.
    At last a manufacturer read my mind and it charges off a USB cable.
    Given that it charged in about 30 minutes, I may need another battery.
    But I can now go and annoy the cat ;)
  • 03-06-2011, 07:10 PM
    Liz
    Re: Unpacking the XZ-1
    Congratulation! I look forward to seeing what you do with this nice new camera! :thumbsup:

Liz
  • 03-07-2011, 12:33 AM
    SmartWombat
    Thanks Liz.

Oh and as a programmer:
    Step 0
    Put your glasses on so you can see :)
  • 03-07-2011, 09:19 AM
    Photo-John
    I think in the video I made about the XZ-1 I held up the lens cap retainer and said, "what's this?" :)

Hope you enjoy the new camera. For the most part, I am only interested in pocket-sized cameras - especially pocket superzooms. This camera is different. I don't remember being quite as *inspired* by a camera in some time. I just plain enjoy using it and the images I'm getting from it are wonderful.
  • 03-07-2011, 12:11 PM
    SmartWombat
    I just took a couple of snapshots of one of the guys in the office, and the colour amazed me - it shouldn't have because it's like the E-P1 :)
  • 04-09-2015, 04:30 AM
    selina
    It was pretty dark, as they were using rear projection for the media presentation.
    All the lights in the background are LED with remote programmable colour.
    So ISO 1600, no flash.