Olympus Cameras and Four Thirds System Digital SLRs Forum

Olympus Cameras Forum Discuss Olympus film and digital cameras as well as Panasonic and Leica Four Thirds System digital SLRs - forum moderator is Greg McCary.
Olympus E-System Digital SLR Reviews >>
Panasonic Four Thirds Digital SLR Reviews >>
Leica Four Thirds Digital SLR Reviews >>
Official Four Thirds Web Page >>
Olympus OM-System 35mm SLR reviews >>
Olympus Cameras History Page >>
    Co-Moderator, Photography as Art forum megan's Avatar

Thoughts on a teleconverter?

Hey all -

My kit is currently an Olympus E-5 with an E-3 as my back-up/second camera. I have a 50-200mm lens that I've been using more frequently as I've been getting into shooting motorsports. The thing is, 50-200mm isn't long enough for any track larger than a half mile oval. I used a 70-300 (?) Nikon that the company had available once at Lime Rock, and loved the results from that lens. However, anything close to that with Zuiko lenses is upwards of $5,999, which I absolutely don't have. I'm thinking of getting the 1.4x Teleconverter lens, so I thought I'd ask the other 4/3rds people here if they've used it with their Olympus equipment, and if you are happy with the results. Thanks!
    Megan

Join me on Facebook!
    Twitter: @ponycargirl

Re: Thoughts on a teleconverter?

From what I have read about the converters are they work but they really slow the AF down. I am not sure weather they would work that well for race cars, fast moving objects.
    I feel your pain. Since I went full frame I learned to appreciate Olympus and their x2 crop factor. I picked up a E-M5 and 70-300mm for much less than what a nice zoom would cost for my Sony. With the 70-300mm and the x2 crop factor I would think that is probably as good as your going to get.
    I am like Barney Fife, I have a gun but Andy makes me keep the bullet in my pocket..

Sony a99/a7R

Not sure if this is helpful, but I think the teleconverters make the aperture smaller too, right?

Your post is great and engaging, the content is very practical, and gets people's attention. Thank you for sharing. shell shockers

I shoot a great deal of full scale and remote control airplane. I likewise do periodic natural life. My most recent focal point is the 200-500mm and I have been truly intrigued Matrix Trench Coat with it. Today I acquired the teleconverter referenced in the point. I thought to get it tomorrow. Can hardly wait to test it out with the 200-500mm. This will be connected to my D500. Any other individual utilizing this combo and have any considerations or photographs to share? The following are a couple of shots I have taken with the 200-500mm.

I am really happy to find this website finally. Activities really informative and meaningful, Thanks for the article and effort! Please continue to share more like a blog. I have now saved it to my bookmarks so I can stay in touch with you. nytimes crossword

Thread Information