Stylus tough -6000?

Printable View

• 01-10-2010, 04:34 PM
    Jtumey01
    Stylus tough -6000?
    HI, I recently decided to get Stylus tough -6000 point and shoot to carry around for photo opportunities when I cannot or don’t feel like carrying around my large DSLR camera. My issue has to do with image orientation upon image importing from the camera to the computer. All of my images that are shot in portrait style are displayed on their side or landscape style. How can I fixed this issue I have looked at the meta data embedded in my portrait shots and it reads " Orientation: Horizontal(normal)". Is there and option that can be change so that the camera outputs the right image orientation information?

Thanks,
    jt
  • 01-10-2010, 04:51 PM
    OldClicker
    Re: Stylus tough -6000?
    I imagine that it would be a setting in whatever software you are using to import and view the images. - TF
  • 01-10-2010, 05:04 PM
    Jtumey01
    Hi, I am using Photoshop elements 8 and I was told it automatically reads the meta data that the camera embedded into each photo and displays base on meta data image orientation information. Like I mention in my first post I use two cameras and when I import form my DSLR I have no issues regards to image orientation. So I assume that there is something up with my Stylus tough -600.. does anybody know of a option on the camera which could cause such an issue?

Thx,
    jt
  • 01-10-2010, 07:34 PM
    Greg McCary
    Have you tried resetting the camera to default settings?
  • 01-10-2010, 08:26 PM
    Jtumey01
    HI, Yes I have tried resetting the camera a couple of time and even used the manual rotation function in the playback menu; however, no such luck in fixing the problems with image orientation during import. I plan on calling Olympus as soon as their support line opens.
  • 01-11-2010, 03:46 AM
    Greg McCary
    You might also try Olympus master 2. The software is a free download if you don't already have it and it should display all of the EXIF data from the shots. Maybe you can see if something is missing. I have rarely had this problem but still every once in a while I will have an image come up wrong. But then I don't use a Stylus.
    Olympus tech support is very good too. I have called them a time or two and they are great. Please let us know how it comes out.
  • 01-14-2010, 08:51 PM
    Jtumey01
    Hi, as I stated I called Olympus support line and restated my import image orientation issue, I was simply told that this is not a feature that is incorporated on many of our point and shoot cameras. I am a little upset about this; however, I do love the cameras ability to be exposed to water and still function…. I was wondering if anybody who owns a Olympus point and shoot(any model) had their camera successfully upload all the image in there correct orientations?
    I have both high-end Olympus E-series and a Canon 50D DSLR's and they automatic keep the correct image orientation information so I don’t have rotate image manually upon import. Thanks for support….
  • 01-15-2010, 04:13 AM
    Greg McCary
    Be sure and write us a review. It would help others picking out a camera and maybe let Olympus know they need to maybe correct this. I am glad you like the camera.