should I upgrade to OM-D?

Printable View

• 01-25-2013, 11:10 AM
    Ecooper
    should I upgrade to OM-D?
    Currently I use a Olympus e-620 which is a great camera, but the higher resolution of the OM-D and the video capability are sooo tempting. Plus, I used OM cameras for decades, so the retro styling is appealing. I mainly shoot close-up and macro, and use various vintage glass, bellows, etc. I always shoot at ISO 100.

Has anyone used both cameras? If so, is the upgrade worthwhile (in your opinion)? Any experience using the OM-D that you can pass on, especially for macro, would be very much appreciated.

EC
    www.macrocritters.wordpress.com
  • 01-25-2013, 07:20 PM
    Greg McCary
    Re: should I upgrade to OM-D?
    I would say you are in line for an upgrade. Olympus has came a long way since the 620. The OMD is quite a marvel of technology. The IQ is better, image stabilization, electronic view finder, very fast auto focus. You will be quite amazed.
  • 01-26-2013, 08:11 AM
    Liz
    Re: should I upgrade to OM-D?
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Greg McCary View Post
    I would say you are in line for an upgrade. Olympus has came a long way since the 620. The OMD is quite a marvel of technology. The IQ is better, image stabilization, electronic view finder, very fast auto focus. You will be quite amazed.

I agree 100% with Greg. I owned (and loved) the E-620 and it took me a while to finally sell it after upgrading. However, the OMD is exactly what Greg described "a marvel of technology." There are so many new features and upgrades - not to mention the size and weight.

Check out the review here - voted Best Camera for 2012! I think you will fall in love with it, especially since you like the E-620!

Keep us updated with your decision.

Liz