for sharp image

Printable View

• 06-16-2010, 01:43 PM
    tancredd
    for sharp image
    Hi
    I would like to know how to get sharp images. I mean, how do I have to program my camera to get nice clean pics?

Thanks
  • 06-16-2010, 02:17 PM
    CaraRose
    Re: for sharp image
    Quote:

Originally Posted by tancredd
    Hi
    I would like to know how to get sharp images. I mean, how do I have to program my camera to get nice clean pics?

Thanks

That's a very broad, general question. What kind of camera? What are you taking shots of?
  • 06-19-2010, 10:36 AM
    CZJ Fan
    you using the Kitlens?
    they are mediocre, from all Digital Interchangable Lens Camera Companies.
    Go with Primlenses or a highquality Zoomlens.
  • 06-20-2010, 06:22 AM
    Atomic2
    Make sure you have a sharp subject. dont take pictures of fuzzy things like peaches or kiwis.
  • 06-20-2010, 06:32 AM
    rubeel
    maybe you are having this issue, low light, longer exposure images of moving subjects where it gets blurry. If that is true maybe u need to invest in a faster lens, 14-54 will not be that expensive to buy. I am just suggesting this based on the assumption that maybe u are using the kit lens and shooting at f4 in low light
  • 06-20-2010, 07:47 AM
    Dave6223
    Quote:

Originally Posted by tancredd
    Hi

Thanks

With all due respect, the question as it is is pointless. What camera and lens are you using? What settings are you using? Daylight or artificial light? Is the shot taken hand held or supported by a tripod for example. It's like saying, I shoot rabbits and keep missing.............. why? (only about a million answers to that question)

Dave
  • 06-24-2010, 07:06 AM
    tancredd
    Hi
    Sorry for the time that I took to write again on my post...
    So, I have the kit lens and I also bought the OM 50mm 1.8. I use the E-500 body.

For now, I try to take good picture of my new baby :D ! So I mostly shoot inside without a tripod.

I usualy set my camera like this:
    iso 100 or 200
    f 1.8 or 2.8
    speed between 1/60 and 1/200

I also wanted to know what means a fast or a slow lens...?

Thanks

Dany
  • 06-24-2010, 07:10 AM
    tancredd
    Does the f will make a difference on the depth of the image?
  • 06-24-2010, 07:47 AM
    Frog
    I'm not an Olympus user but the questions you are asking apply to all cameras.

Even with your 50mm, f/1.8 you may not have enough light and may have to push that iso up.
    Your settings are fine only if the amount of light available will allow for it.
    Do your pics come out dark?

Yes, the "f" makes a difference in depth. "f" is your aperture or how far the shutter opens to capture the light. A small aperture needs more light and a large aperture needs less.
    Thus you can use faster shutter speeds with a larger aperture.
    The numbers can be confusing for a new shooter. Small apertures have larger numbers and large apertures have smaller numbers. On your 50 mm f/1.8 is your largest aperture and allows for faster shutter speeds. Probably f/22 or 32 is your smallest apertrure and needs more light. What is used depends on the amount of light.

As far as depth goes, the largest aperture, f/1,8, on your 50, has the least amount of depth of field. Things in front and behind your focus point will be less in focus.
    As you decrease the aperture, more will be in focus, but then you need to increse the shutter speed.

I'd only be guessing whether the settings you are using are correct for what you are trying to get and what you are dissatisfied with.
    Post a couple of pics. Preferably right from your computer so we can read the exif data.
    Exif will say what the aperture and shutter speed and other pertinent data are.
  • 06-24-2010, 12:39 PM
    Dave6223
    Take your ISO to 800, choose an aperture focus at f1.8 then alter your f number to 5.6. your shutter speed should be around 1/125 with a 50mm lens for sharpness, and the greater depth of field will aid focus slightly too.
  • 06-25-2010, 12:26 PM
    tancredd
    thank you!
    I'll try everything you all said.

I'll let you know the results...

Dany