• 08-10-2007, 02:42 PM
    gio.926
    problems with olympus FE-190
    i bought a new olympus FE-190 this summer and it seems to have a problem when i tak pictures at night. the pictures jsut come out blurry no matter how stable i hold the camera...i dnt know if this is a problem with the camera itself or if its just some setting that i missed. anyone?
  • 08-10-2007, 04:37 PM
    Greg McCary
    Re: problems with olympus FE-190
    Quote:

Originally Posted by gio.926
    i bought a new olympus FE-190 this summer and it seems to have a problem when i tak pictures at night. the pictures jsut come out blurry no matter how stable i hold the camera...i dnt know if this is a problem with the camera itself or if its just some setting that i missed. anyone?

I really depends on just how dark it is and how slow your shutter speed gets. Try placing the camera on a tripod, table or even on bean bag and set the timer and see if it is motion blur. You should be able to take pictures at low light levels but only so low. Even high end DSLRs will only do so much at night without the flash and no support. No matter how stable you think you are holding the camera it doesn't take much. Post a couple of pictures and let's see what you got. Do you have it in night mode?
    Greg
  • 09-28-2007, 02:34 AM
    gubak
    I agree with Greg! Try to put the camera on the table and record picture using timer!
  • 11-04-2010, 08:12 PM
    nikonian
    like all olympus models in the fe 100 series , this one has Digital Image Stableliser on the mode dial the shaking hand symbol or in the scene mode on of the night functions

a light tripod may also do the thing but i can shoot it with dis and i shake a lot it works great (not yet have the fe 190 but have yet the fe 170 and fe 350w)

the problem you may get is the light sensativity of the lens and thus sooner noise in the image but with a flash you should be ok inside