OM-D made me a believer

Printable View

• 04-07-2012, 03:29 PM
    Greg McCary
    OM-D made me a believer
    I am really impressed with the sample shots I have seen floating around the internet made with the new OM-D. I really think in the next few weeks I am going to order one. I am researching what would be a good street lens. I want a little more than kit lens speed and quality. I am not going to make it my main landscape rig but an everyday carry all.
    Maybe my best bet would be the new 12-50mm? I have to think on it.
  • 04-08-2012, 08:59 AM
    ELS
    Re: OM-D made me a believer
    Hi Greg:

Congratulations on your decision, (if you do get the OM-D).

I am not familiar with the lens you are referring to: 12-50mm.

I know you mentioned to me and (others surely as well), a prime is
    (if possible) the generally "best" quality capable producing lens to choose.

Talk more later..

Have a nice day,

Ed
  • 04-08-2012, 02:46 PM
    Anbesol
    Greg, stop it! You have too many cameras! Get rid of one first! ;)

Good street lens? That depends on if you want autofocus or not. If you can deal with manual focus, an old prime 28 would be great.

The Oly 45mm f/1.8 would be an excellent choice, but might be too telephoto for how you wish to use it.

The old LTM 50mm's are excellent as well for street use, but again, fairly telephoto on the m43 mount.

Do you think the OM-D is a sufficient response to the Nex 7? Will you be swapping?
  • 04-08-2012, 03:18 PM
    Greg McCary
    Charlie my kids have just about taken away all my gear. I can't even remember what my NEX7 looks like. Lol
    I think I am going to hide this one. The only carmeras they won't touch are my film ones. Or manual focus lenses.
    The NEX7, my youngest son has, the viewfinder blacks out between exposure I read the OM-5 doesn't.
    My oldest son has most of my old Olympus gear.lol I have only a 14-54mm left and he informed me tonight he needs it too.
  • 04-09-2012, 05:54 PM
    Photo-John
    Very interesting development. I need to talk to Olympus about getting me an OM-D review unit :)
  • 04-10-2012, 12:54 PM
    Greg McCary
    John, me kids get it all. I know they sent you one but minus a battery, I think? I would really like to read a review from you on ther OM-D.
  • 04-10-2012, 02:22 PM
    Photo-John
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Greg McCary View Post
    John, me kids get it all. I know they sent you one but minus a battery, I think? I would really like to read a review from you on ther OM-D.

Yeah, I got a pre-production camera and there was only one battery in the country at the time. So I actually got the battery but it was dead :)

Usually they are in a hurry to get me cameras but not the case with this one. It's about time I tell them to send one. I am very curious - especially since I've been using and enjoying the E-PL3 so much.
  • 04-26-2012, 09:00 AM
    thinkcooper
    Another believer here.
  • 05-04-2012, 06:14 PM
    thinkcooper
    A couple of weeks in and believing it still