Olympus Cameras and Four Thirds System Digital SLRs Forum

Olympus Cameras Forum Discuss Olympus film and digital cameras as well as Panasonic and Leica Four Thirds System digital SLRs - forum moderator is Greg McCary.
Olympus E-System Digital SLR Reviews >>
Panasonic Four Thirds Digital SLR Reviews >>
Leica Four Thirds Digital SLR Reviews >>
Official Four Thirds Web Page >>
Olympus OM-System 35mm SLR reviews >>
Olympus Cameras History Page >>

Thread: OM 35mm Shift

Security Goddess, retired. Selene's Avatar

Question OM 35mm Shift

I recently got the lens from a dealer on eBay. He didn't know much about it. It appears top be in excellent shape for its age. However, I'm come up dry when searching for more information, particularily regarding the locks. :mad2: Does anyone have a scan of the leaflet that came with the lens originally?

If there are issues with the lens, I'd rather get them fixed sooner rather than later. As it is, it's 30 years old, and I'm sure time is running out for hopes of repair......TIA!

Re: OM 35mm Shift

Is this it? I don't see a manual, but if this is it I will try and find one.
    http://www.mir.com.my/rb/photography.../35mmSHIFT.htm
    I am like Barney Fife, I have a gun but Andy makes me keep the bullet in my pocket..

Sony a99/a7R

Security Goddess, retired. Selene's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Greg McCary
    Is this it? I don't see a manual, but if this is it I will try and find one.
    http://www.mir.com.my/rb/photography.../35mmSHIFT.htm
    That's the one. Every Oly lens at the time had a leaflet insert with specs and in some cases, basic use intructions. Just trying to find a copy or scan of it. I doubt there's an actual manual per se, like a booklet. I tried Olympus USA itself, hoping for a copy from a microfiche or something.... :cryin: sorry, but no! I got the lens used, it seems to be OK but I want to be certain should it need work. It's getting harder to find people who will work on these older beauties, so if it needs work better sooner than possibly never.

Thank you very much for your effort.

Hi Selene, as a new member I've been looking for a post I could respond to with something worthwhile and you have provided it!
    I have that lens, too, and the info sheet that came with it. If you still need it I can scan it and email it to you as a PDF file.
    I have found this lens to be a life saver when shooting architecture and trying to avoid the
    effects of distortion by super-wide lenses. I find that when extended it gives me the coverage of a 28mm on film but without pushing the background too far away. It seems much more natural to me.
    Because of the movement, though, you have to be a lot more particular about vertical and horizontal lines, because they should either line up perfectly or they should stay the way most people expect them to be. Also because of the movement, focus and choosing a medium aperature with enough depth of field is critical to good sharpness. This is a lens for fiddly people with lots of time to make sure they get it right. Then the lens will do a great job.
    Please let me know if you need the information,
    OlyOnly

Thread Information