• 08-17-2012, 10:25 AM
    SmartWombat
    Olympus working on new body for top-pro lenses
    Olympus confirms new camera body for Four Thirds lenses (Four Thirds User)

From reading that short statement it could mean anything, from a traditional mirror SLR E7 body to a phase focus adapter for micro four thirds cameras, and in between a mirrorless E7 of some sort.
  • 08-18-2012, 07:10 AM
    Greg McCary
    Re: Olympus working on new body for top-pro lenses
    This is nice to see.
  • 08-20-2012, 05:08 PM
    Photo-John
    Quote:

Originally Posted by SmartWombat View Post
    From reading that short statement it could mean anything, from a traditional mirror SLR E7 body to a phase focus adapter for micro four thirds cameras, and in between a mirrorless E7 of some sort.

Right - could mean anything. It seems to me the emphasis is on lens and auto focus performance. There is much talk of an E-7 body but the announcement wasn't at all specific about whether they're working on a Four Thirds or a Micro Four Thirds body. I hadn't even thought about a phase detect AF adapter, a la Sony SLT. That's a very interesting thought.

What I want to know is, where's my Micro Four Thirds 12-60mm f/2.8-4 pro zoom?
  • 08-27-2012, 02:57 PM
    Liz
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Photo-John View Post
    Right - could mean anything. It seems to me the emphasis is on lens and auto focus performance. There is much talk of an E-7 body but the announcement wasn't at all specific about whether they're working on a Four Thirds or a Micro Four Thirds body. I hadn't even thought about a phase detect AF adapter, a la Sony SLT. That's a very interesting thought.

What I want to know is, where's my Micro Four Thirds 12-60mm f/2.8-4 pro zoom?

Here is a quote and explanation referencing an article from Olympus UK which confirms John's statement above.

The devil is in the detail. Small correction on Olympus Four Thirds statement. | 43 Rumors

Liz
  • 04-27-2015, 10:33 PM
    Elizabeth Taylor
    This thread is closed - partly because of spam and partly just to keep it clean and simple. There is a good thread on the guidelines, though. That thread helps give us direction and also helps establish the community standard. So if you're wondering about what the rest of the photographers on Photo Critique think about posting too many photos, not commenting, editing other peoples' photos, etc., the guidelines discussion is a good place to go.
  • 10-18-2015, 08:31 AM
    Sharebestcccam
    When i join this forum than decide i will learn many new things here about Camera Manufacturer and etc..