Olympus Cameras and Four Thirds System Digital SLRs Forum

Olympus Cameras Forum Discuss Olympus film and digital cameras as well as Panasonic and Leica Four Thirds System digital SLRs - forum moderator is Greg McCary.
Olympus E-System Digital SLR Reviews >>
Panasonic Four Thirds Digital SLR Reviews >>
Leica Four Thirds Digital SLR Reviews >>
Official Four Thirds Web Page >>
Olympus OM-System 35mm SLR reviews >>
Olympus Cameras History Page >>
    Panarus biarmicus Moderator (Sports) SmartWombat's Avatar

Olympus working on new body for top-pro lenses

Olympus confirms new camera body for Four Thirds lenses (Four Thirds User)

From reading that short statement it could mean anything, from a traditional mirror SLR E7 body to a phase focus adapter for micro four thirds cameras, and in between a mirrorless E7 of some sort.
    PAul

Scroll down to the Sports Forum and post your sports pictures !

Re: Olympus working on new body for top-pro lenses

This is nice to see.
    I am like Barney Fife, I have a gun but Andy makes me keep the bullet in my pocket..

Sony a99/a7R

Quote Originally Posted by SmartWombat View Post
    From reading that short statement it could mean anything, from a traditional mirror SLR E7 body to a phase focus adapter for micro four thirds cameras, and in between a mirrorless E7 of some sort.
    Right - could mean anything. It seems to me the emphasis is on lens and auto focus performance. There is much talk of an E-7 body but the announcement wasn't at all specific about whether they're working on a Four Thirds or a Micro Four Thirds body. I hadn't even thought about a phase detect AF adapter, a la Sony SLT. That's a very interesting thought.

What I want to know is, where's my Micro Four Thirds 12-60mm f/2.8-4 pro zoom?
    Photo-John

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

Liz

Quote Originally Posted by Photo-John View Post
    Right - could mean anything. It seems to me the emphasis is on lens and auto focus performance. There is much talk of an E-7 body but the announcement wasn't at all specific about whether they're working on a Four Thirds or a Micro Four Thirds body. I hadn't even thought about a phase detect AF adapter, a la Sony SLT. That's a very interesting thought.

What I want to know is, where's my Micro Four Thirds 12-60mm f/2.8-4 pro zoom?
    Here is a quote and explanation referencing an article from Olympus UK which confirms John's statement above.

The devil is in the detail. Small correction on Olympus Four Thirds statement. | 43 Rumors

Liz
    Olympus E-M5 digital camera
    Olympus E-PL5
    Lenses
    Olympus
    45mm/f1.8, 40-150

Panasonic
    14-45
    25mm/f1.4
    14mm/f2.5

This thread is closed - partly because of spam and partly just to keep it clean and simple. There is a good thread on the guidelines, though. That thread helps give us direction and also helps establish the community standard. So if you're wondering about what the rest of the photographers on Photo Critique think about posting too many photos, not commenting, editing other peoples' photos, etc., the guidelines discussion is a good place to go.
    ANAIM

When i join this forum than decide i will learn many new things here about Camera Manufacturer and etc..

Thread Information