Olympus Cameras and Four Thirds System Digital SLRs Forum

Olympus Cameras Forum Discuss Olympus film and digital cameras as well as Panasonic and Leica Four Thirds System digital SLRs - forum moderator is Greg McCary.
Olympus E-System Digital SLR Reviews >>
Panasonic Four Thirds Digital SLR Reviews >>
Leica Four Thirds Digital SLR Reviews >>
Official Four Thirds Web Page >>
Olympus OM-System 35mm SLR reviews >>
Olympus Cameras History Page >>

Olympus Master Software

Does anyone else have issues with Olympus Master crashing while working in the raw development window? I can't seem to edit more than 5 Raw files at a time without the program crashing. I'm not running it on the most powerful machine (centrino processor, can't remember the speed offhand around 1.8mhz i believe, 1 gig of ram), but it isn't underpowered either.

I'll admit that I'm not a huge fan of this softtware to begin with (switching to lightroom or maybe cs3 shortly), but I'd like to see if I can correct this problem soon because it doesn't seem like it should crash this predictably.
    Please ask before editing my photos, I'll say yes

I like to take the pictures...

Re: Olympus Master Software

I don't use it much. But when I did it would at times lock my computer up. That is the reason I went to Lightroom. I have a computer that is about the same as yours. As far as Lightroom it is a very good program and I love it. But even with it my computer will lock up if I try to export files to quickly.
    I am like Barney Fife, I have a gun but Andy makes me keep the bullet in my pocket..

Sony a99/a7R

worst software ever. the faster you switch to LR or CS3, the happier you will be.
    Erik Williams

Olympus E3, E510
    12-60 SWD, 50-200 SWD, 50 f/2 macro, EX25, FL36's and an FL50r.

I don't know if I agree that it's the worst software ever. But the only reason I'm using it (as well as Olympus Studio), is that the E-420 and E-520 aren't yet supported by Lightroom. I love Lightroom. I have been told by some super RAW experts that it doesn't necessarily do the best RAW conversions. But I'm willing to trade some ultimate quality for the tools and workflow that Lightroom offers.

I haven't had any problems with the Olympus software crashing on me. I'm running it on a Pentium 4 machine running Windows XP. I'm also pretty happy with the RAW conversions. It's just missing a lot of tools that Lightroom has and I rely on. I'm really just waiting for Lightroom to add E-520 support. If Olympus improves their market position, Adobe will be more on top of it. They added Canon EOS XSi (450D) support the day the camera became available at Best Buy. To be fair, I do have the E-520 pretty early. So maybe I'm asking too much
    Photo-John

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

I think I am just trying to do to many things all at once. It happens most when I am running PS7 and IE all at once. Also trying to work with to many files at once. Adobe was pretty quick to add the 510 and also the E3, I expect the same once the 520 hits the market. I am thinking of getting an extra computer just for editing with no other applications running.
    I am like Barney Fife, I have a gun but Andy makes me keep the bullet in my pocket..

Sony a99/a7R

I've never had an issue with it, but then I use it on a Mac. It sucks from the perspective of interface and usability though, so an upgrade is certainly your best solution. I'd say Aperture, but then you'd have to upgrade your computer too...

Quote Originally Posted by SwampNut
    I've never had an issue with it, but then I use it on a Mac. It sucks from the perspective of interface and usability though, so an upgrade is certainly your best solution.
    Yeah Ive decided that within a week its gone, there are too many drawbacks to it

Quote Originally Posted by SwampNut
    I'd say Aperture, but then you'd have to upgrade your computer too...
    Oh no, lets not start that one!!
    Please ask before editing my photos, I'll say yes

I like to take the pictures...

Thread Information