Olympus Cameras and Four Thirds System Digital SLRs Forum

Olympus Cameras Forum Discuss Olympus film and digital cameras as well as Panasonic and Leica Four Thirds System digital SLRs - forum moderator is Greg McCary.
Olympus E-System Digital SLR Reviews >>
Panasonic Four Thirds Digital SLR Reviews >>
Leica Four Thirds Digital SLR Reviews >>
Official Four Thirds Web Page >>
Olympus OM-System 35mm SLR reviews >>
Olympus Cameras History Page >>

Olympus Evolt E-500 Camera Bag Recommendation?

Hello all. I recently purchased an Olympus E-500 w/ the 2 lens kit. I was wondering if anyone out there had a recommendation for a good camera bag that I could fit my lenses, body, and battery charger into comfortably? My family and I are planning a trip to Florida in the next couple weeks, and I am looking to buy a good all-around bag. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Re: Olympus Evolt E-500 Camera Bag Recommendation?

I have a Tamrac Adventure 2 Back Pack. I really like it a lot. It holds the camera with the 14-45mm lens attached and the 40-150mm lens with room for another lens. I also carry several filters and the instructions. I like the Back Pack style because when I take the kids out I can easily carry all of my equipment. The bag looked small when I got it but it holds more than you would think. My bag also fell from about 8 feet a couple of weeks ago and hit hard, not even a scratch. I was going to post a picture of my set up later hoping the other Oly owners would too so check back later....I hope that helps.
    Greg
    I am like Barney Fife, I have a gun but Andy makes me keep the bullet in my pocket..

Sony a99/a7R

Go for the back pack for sure, I have a bag but I am going to change. I went to a street fair over the weekend and found that the bag was too big to carry. So I put a lens in my pocket, guess how well that fit?

How can I be lost
    If I've got nowhere to go?

Sony a55 16-50mm 2.8 ssm Minolta 50mm 70-300 dt 5.6

I know this response is a little late but I thought I'd put my 2 cents in anyway.

I'm using the Tamrac Adventure 7 bag and its been great. Bottom is a camera bag and top is open for whatever you need to throw in. (Bag zips across the middle.) Sides have 2 stretch pockets that are great for waterbottles. Typically I can carry my e500, 2 lenses, a flash and still have room to put a small video camera in. I also like the fact that it doesn't look like a camera bag, especially when traveling thru airports, trains, etc...

I've used it on trips to Disney World, Washington DC and to numerous soccer and volleyball tournaments and it has been extremely comfortable.

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by evolt
    I know this response is a little late but I thought I'd put my 2 cents in anyway.

I'm using the Tamrac Adventure 7 bag and its been great. Bottom is a camera bag and top is open for whatever you need to throw in. (Bag zips across the middle.) Sides have 2 stretch pockets that are great for waterbottles. Typically I can carry my e500, 2 lenses, a flash and still have room to put a small video camera in. I also like the fact that it doesn't look like a camera bag, especially when traveling thru airports, trains, etc...

I've used it on trips to Disney World, Washington DC and to numerous soccer and volleyball tournaments and it has been extremely comfortable.

Jim
    Not to late evolt. I am looking at getting my wife a 500 for Christmas and I need a bigger bag. I now the Tamrac Adventure 2 and love it but find that I need extra room for my Canonet. I will look into the Adventure 7.
    Greg
    I am like Barney Fife, I have a gun but Andy makes me keep the bullet in my pocket..

Sony a99/a7R

Thread Information