Olympus Cameras and Four Thirds System Digital SLRs Forum

Olympus Cameras Forum Discuss Olympus film and digital cameras as well as Panasonic and Leica Four Thirds System digital SLRs - forum moderator is Greg McCary.
Olympus E-System Digital SLR Reviews >>
Panasonic Four Thirds Digital SLR Reviews >>
Leica Four Thirds Digital SLR Reviews >>
Official Four Thirds Web Page >>
Olympus OM-System 35mm SLR reviews >>
Olympus Cameras History Page >>

C-8080 telephoto lens

Since Olympus has discontinued C-8080, where can I get a telephoto lens to use for sporting events? Can the C-8080 even have a telephoto lens added to it?

Re: C-8080 telephoto lens

Nope, sorry to say you can not add a lens to this camera. It is not an DSLR. But the good news is DSLR's are very affordable right now. There are great deals on used ones as well. But to shoot sports and shoot them right you would need some high dollar glass.
    I am like Barney Fife, I have a gun but Andy makes me keep the bullet in my pocket..

Sony a99/a7R

Re: C-8080 telephoto lens

Quote Originally Posted by Greg McCary
    Nope, sorry to say you can not add a lens to this camera. It is not an DSLR. But the good news is DSLR's are very affordable right now. There are great deals on used ones as well. But to shoot sports and shoot them right you would need some high dollar glass.
    Add-on lenses can be attached to that camera. They screw right onto the front of the built-in zoom, or by means of a special adapter tube. My Panasonic FZ7K accepts wide-converters, tele-converters and macro-converters.

However, the disadvantage of these is that you will lose a great deal of sharpness, and the level of chromatic aberrations will skyrocket. A DSLR will indeed provide far better image quality.

Thread Information