• 08-03-2005, 02:31 PM
    vsstanton
    Olympus E-300 lens question
    I recently purchased my third Olympus camera and first DSLR camera. I love the camera and have purchased one additional Zuiko lens...45-150mm. I would like to extend that but have heard that purchasing anything but a Zuiko lens will great reduce the photo quality. I have not been able to locate a Zuiko teleconverter lens to fit this lens. Is there anything else out there that might work?
    Thanks
  • 08-04-2005, 08:18 AM
    Michael Fanelli
    Re: Olympus E-300 lens question
    Quote:

Originally Posted by vsstanton
    I recently purchased my third Olympus camera and first DSLR camera. I love the camera and have purchased one additional Zuiko lens...45-150mm. I would like to extend that but have heard that purchasing anything but a Zuiko lens will great reduce the photo quality. I have not been able to locate a Zuiko teleconverter lens to fit this lens. Is there anything else out there that might work?
    Thanks

The problem is that Olympus DSLRs use the special 4/3 format. I don't know of any third party that makes lenses that fit this small mount.

You really want another lens, not a converter like you use on a P&S. That's why the DSLR has interchangeable lenses. Look at a new lens with the focal lengths you need.
  • 12-26-2006, 05:16 PM
    Photo-John
    Sigma
    Sigma and Leica are both making lenses for the Four Thirds System cameras. I'm not sure about third-party tele-extenders, though. Check the Sigma reviews here or the Sigma Web site to see. Olympus makes one converter, the EC14 1.4x Teleconverter.
  • 12-31-2006, 10:29 AM
    zuikoku
    Re: Olympus E-300 lens question
    Quote:

Originally Posted by vsstanton
    Thanks

Since Zuiko Lens are the best quality for Olympus D-SLR cameras, make sure you have put the best converter as well to fit with your Zuiko Digital Lens.. :)