• 12-11-2008, 01:56 PM
    Photo-John
    1 Attachment(s)
    Olympus E-30 Preview Is Live
    My Olympus E-30 preview article is live. It's got samples of all the Art Filters, full-res studio sample photos, and a little on the new camera's features and performance. I have to admit, I'm impressed. I'm enjoying it more than I thought I would. Please post your comments and questions at the end of the article in the comments section. We'll use your comments as review fodder.

Olympus E-30 Initial Impressions >>

By the way, we got one of only 10 cameras released. I think this may be the first real article on the E-30 that's been published :)
  • 12-11-2008, 04:21 PM
    xwingkiller
    Re: Olympus E-30 Preview Is Live
    thats incredible! congrats!
  • 12-11-2008, 05:26 PM
    Photo-John
    Quote:

Originally Posted by xwingkiller
    thats incredible! congrats!

What do you like about it? Give me more information. Your feedback will help me make a better review. You can reply here. But comments on the actual article are the best.
  • 12-11-2008, 06:49 PM
    xwingkiller
    well, mostly i was meaning that you got 1/10 of these and you have one of, if not the, first hands-on previews of it. way to go.

for the camera....it's just too tough to try to compare it to the rest of the olympus line because of the reported price. it almost seems like it wouldve been better to make an updated e-3 instead. with the price of the e-3 dropping, it couldve probably taken the same spot that the e-30 is going into now. then an updated e-3 couldve taken the e-3's current spot.
    i dont know, guess we just have to see what kind of kit prices and rebates they come out with to help the e-30 fit in the olympus line-up where it seems to belong.

it is great to see examples of the new sensor though. and of course its great to see more of your killer images from the mountain. =)
  • 01-15-2009, 07:05 AM
    susaan
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Photo-John

Olympus E-30 Initial Impressions >>

By the way, we got one of only 10 cameras released. I think this may be the first real article on the E-30 that's been published :)

Tweetted !
  • 01-15-2009, 10:41 AM
    Photo-John
    Quote:

Originally Posted by susaan
    Tweetted !

Tweeted? Whoah! What's your Twitter username? Please add Photo_John and Camera_Review. Those are both my accounts. Camera_Review has a feed for all new PhotographyREVIEW.com articles, news, and pro reviews.

And thanks for tweeting that! The E-30 is my favorite Four Thirds camera, by far. Here's a link to all of my E-30 photos in the gallery:

Photo-John's Olympus E-30 Gallery >>