Olympus Cameras and Four Thirds System Digital SLRs Forum

Olympus Cameras Forum Discuss Olympus film and digital cameras as well as Panasonic and Leica Four Thirds System digital SLRs - forum moderator is Greg McCary.
Olympus E-System Digital SLR Reviews >>
Panasonic Four Thirds Digital SLR Reviews >>
Leica Four Thirds Digital SLR Reviews >>
Official Four Thirds Web Page >>
Olympus OM-System 35mm SLR reviews >>
Olympus Cameras History Page >>
    Liz

Olympus announces OM-D EM10 and NEW LENSES

E-M10 - OM-D - Digital Cameras | Olympus

I just received an email with a link to the Olympus USA website announcing the new OM-D E-M10 and some really tempting new lenses. I will stick with my E-M5 as I love the 5 Axis IBIS

Sorry that the link posted at the top. As soon as I try to post a link the page gets all jumbled up. It took a long time just to get the link posted, but it works.

Now I will try the link to lenses. Can't do it. Here is info - you can check them on their website.

Oly Fisheye Body Cap 9mm f8.0 $99

Oly 14-42 3.5-5.6 less than 1" thick $349

Oly Zuiko 25mm/f1.8 $399

Liz
    Olympus E-M5 digital camera
    Olympus E-PL5
    Lenses
    Olympus
    45mm/f1.8, 40-150

Panasonic
    14-45
    25mm/f1.4
    14mm/f2.5

Re: Olympus announces OM-D EM10 and NEW LENSES

I am in the market for my first DSLR. Is this the camera for me?

EM10 also gains another feature with adaptive brightness which means especially dark or bright areas appear as they do to the naked eye.users to adjust compensation, focus, tone and colour in the viewfinder prior to taking the shot.

Thanks
    Thermalcamerasinc

Liz

Quote Originally Posted by jakson View Post
    EM10 also gains another feature with adaptive brightness which means especially dark or bright areas appear as they do to the naked eye.users to adjust compensation, focus, tone and colour in the viewfinder prior to taking the shot.

Thanks
    Thermalcamerasinc
    Interesting information. Thanks for sharing it. I currently own the E-M5 and am not in the market for another camera! That is, unless I want to go bankrupt! At any rate, these cameras just keep getting more and more features and upgrades. It's tempting!

Liz
    Olympus E-PL5
    Lenses
    Olympus
    45mm/f1.8, 40-150

Panasonic
    14-45
    25mm/f1.4
    14mm/f2.5

I have a serious problem but I don't care. I have struggled with remaining loyal to one brand or camera style per say. ILC is the way to go for sure. Once you create images with a prime lens, you realize how stunning they look. One year ago, I got the OMD EM5. Forked out close to $1500 when all was said and done (with taxes). Things got challenging for a while and I had to sell it. I got a NEX-6 for about half the price. That did not last long. Sold it as well. A good camera, don't get me wrong, but it just wasn't for me. I missed my EM5. Anyhow, after many painful months without an ILC, I was about to get another EM5. Did look over many other options. I realize Olympus is for me. Love the way they feel, handle, and the results are very pleasing to 'my eye'.

I just got the EM10. Less expensive is good. Budget limitations are at play. In my area an EM10 sells for about $300 to $350 less. I used the left over money to get a prime (45mm f1.8) What a terrific camera. Feels really good and the quality is very prominent. I can't wait to get the 25mm f1.8. Out of stock everywhere! Will have to order on-line.

I hope to share more feedback over the next few weeks and months. Would love to hear from other EM10 users!
    You took a photo of what?
    SONY a6000
    SONY RX100M3
    Canon S110

Liz

Congratulations! You picked a winner - and got a great deal besides. I don't own the EM10 - but the EM5 so can't comment there. Just wanted to share your good news. I also have the 45mm/f1.8 - awesome lens. I have the 25mm - but the Panny f1.4. Both have great reviews.

I look forward to seeing some photos.

Enjoy!

Liz

Quote Originally Posted by fotomatix View Post
    I have a serious problem but I don't care. I have struggled with remaining loyal to one brand or camera style per say. ILC is the way to go for sure. Once you create images with a prime lens, you realize how stunning they look. One year ago, I got the OMD EM5. Forked out close to $1500 when all was said and done (with taxes). Things got challenging for a while and I had to sell it. I got a NEX-6 for about half the price. That did not last long. Sold it as well. A good camera, don't get me wrong, but it just wasn't for me. I missed my EM5. Anyhow, after many painful months without an ILC, I was about to get another EM5. Did look over many other options. I realize Olympus is for me. Love the way they feel, handle, and the results are very pleasing to 'my eye'.

I just got the EM10. Less expensive is good. Budget limitations are at play. In my area an EM10 sells for about $300 to $350 less. I used the left over money to get a prime (45mm f1.8) What a terrific camera. Feels really good and the quality is very prominent. I can't wait to get the 25mm f1.8. Out of stock everywhere! Will have to order on-line.

I hope to share more feedback over the next few weeks and months. Would love to hear from other EM10 users!
    Olympus E-PL5
    Lenses
    Olympus
    45mm/f1.8, 40-150

Panasonic
    14-45
    25mm/f1.4
    14mm/f2.5

Congratulations! now you are sharing with us nice and awesome pictures :P
    zoha

nice posts,thanks for sharing
    zoha

Also, E-M10 allows limited in-camera RAW image editing.

Thank you for sharing this good post, I am very impressed with your post, the information given is meticulous and easy to understand. I will follow your next post regularly. retro games

I just got the EM10. Less expensive is good. Budget limitations are at play like Instagram Downloader. In my area an EM10 sells for about $300 to $350 less. I used the left over money to get a prime

Thread Information