Need help

Printable View

• 05-08-2009, 10:18 AM
    amwilliams9
    Need help
    After doing a little reading I have found that macro shots are not capable with the current lens on my E510 Olympus. Well I should say not the detailed shots I want to take. I have also heard that other len(s) from other manufacturer's can fit on the Olympus E510. So can anyone point me to perhaps a list of camera len(s) that I can with confidence purchase? Please keep in mind that I am sooo new at this that if you aren't specific with me I will totally be lost. This is a shot I took with the current lens I have ( Sadly the best out of 250 shots):
    http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t...9/P5071068.jpg
    First I know that I have to figure out my lighting issue. Any suggestions will be welcomed. Second I am IMO lacking detail on the dial. I am thinking a macro len(s) will help. Also I am at a loss regarding proper settings I should use. I guess I am in sore need of some advice. Thank all of you in advance.
  • 05-08-2009, 12:48 PM
    Atomic2
    Re: Need help
    What exactly do you want to take pictures of?

Sigma makes a lot of lenses labeled "Macro" for the 4/3 system, though I've never tried one and I don't know the actual real world performance benefits of their lenses as opposed to Olympus lenses. The Olympus 70-300 can do a decent macro, however its not sharp enough I feel.

Also, when you're doing macro work, you want to have a larger F number.
  • 05-08-2009, 05:14 PM
    Greg McCary
    Re: Need help
    Give us a idea of your camera settings too. ISO, Shutter speed, f/stop ect. Also are you using a tripod?