Olympus Cameras and Four Thirds System Digital SLRs Forum

Olympus Cameras Forum Discuss Olympus film and digital cameras as well as Panasonic and Leica Four Thirds System digital SLRs - forum moderator is Greg McCary.
Olympus E-System Digital SLR Reviews >>
Panasonic Four Thirds Digital SLR Reviews >>
Leica Four Thirds Digital SLR Reviews >>
Official Four Thirds Web Page >>
Olympus OM-System 35mm SLR reviews >>
Olympus Cameras History Page >>
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Macro Lense Question

Thanks for everyones help. After some careful consideration I decided to go for the 50mm prime lense with a sigma MC UV filter (heard a few times that they are better than hoyas by people who owned both although not many people buy sigmas MC filters), but what really drove me to it ws that amazon carried them so i didn't have to ship from someplace else. I think the prime will get enough use just with my fishtanks to justify owning it.

Of course the 14-54 or 12-60 is next on my list. I think I can make use of them both, but also figure I should play with the kit lense some more first, it takes satisfactory pictures outside. I bought $50 in filters for the 14-43 that I JUST recieved last night, so I'd hate to sell the lense already without using it some more first.
    off topic but,

Is it normal to get that bright red hotspot in the middle of the picture? Its a new camrea so I didn't think it should be getting these so early on?

Sushigaijin, why not just get one of these for your 50mm instead of the sigma? http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...B5C0BB755M7AKZ
    Last edited by Justintoxicated; 07-16-2008 at 06:20 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information