Olympus Cameras and Four Thirds System Digital SLRs Forum

Olympus Cameras Forum Discuss Olympus film and digital cameras as well as Panasonic and Leica Four Thirds System digital SLRs - forum moderator is Greg McCary.
Olympus E-System Digital SLR Reviews >>
Panasonic Four Thirds Digital SLR Reviews >>
Leica Four Thirds Digital SLR Reviews >>
Official Four Thirds Web Page >>
Olympus OM-System 35mm SLR reviews >>
Olympus Cameras History Page >>

Thread: Lens help

Lens help

I have a wonderful sigma 70-300mm 1:4 - 5:6 normal/macro and 28-80mm 1:3.5 - 5.6 normal/macro lenses for my Canon EOS Rebel Ti Film camera that I would LOVE to mount to my Olympus E300.
    I'm more of a digital gal and would hate to let these awesome lens go with hardly any use, so I want to know if and how can I mount these to my Olympus.
    The mount is much larger on the sigma.

I did check around but I'm not really sure what to look for.

Any help is greatly appreciated
    ~And this is a good day~

~Yes please,..ask me if you can edit my photos. The need help.

Re: Lens help

Quote Originally Posted by Yarrow
    I have a wonderful sigma 70-300mm 1:4 - 5:6 normal/macro and 28-80mm 1:3.5 - 5.6 normal/macro lenses for my Canon EOS Rebel Ti Film camera that I would LOVE to mount to my Olympus E300.
    I'm more of a digital gal and would hate to let these awesome lens go with hardly any use, so I want to know if and how can I mount these to my Olympus.
    The mount is much larger on the sigma.

I did check around but I'm not really sure what to look for.

Any help is greatly appreciated

You might search around and find an adaptor the would allow you to to this but you would lose auto focus your Canon lens won't communicate to your Olympus, and more than likely your metering system might be off some.
    Greg
    I am like Barney Fife, I have a gun but Andy makes me keep the bullet in my pocket..

Sony a99/a7R

Thanks Greg.
    ~And this is a good day~

I just purchased an adapter set from Ebay that will allow me to take my old Pentax screw mount lenses and put them on my E500. I am really hoping that this works because the lenses have been in the family for quite a few years now and they still take excellent images on my 35mm camera. But since I never use it anymore I want to use my lenses for what they can give me over my current selection of lenses.

Find out what type of mount you currently have on those lenses (I believe Canon only has one lens mount type but I may be wrong) and then do a search on EBay for Adapter (canon lens mount type) four thirds 4/3 and fins the one that is in your price range (they are actually very affordable) Mine was $9.99 for the screw mount adapter to PK mount and an additional $5.99 for the PK mount to 4/3. I am losing any and all metering and AF functions but for the ability to use my 205 MM lens with F3.8 straight through will be amazing if it works out well. Closest I have to that now is either 150 at F3.5 OR F5 at 200. Would be nice ot have a larger aperture at an event when teh sun start going beyond my current light range.
    Shooting with an Olympus Evolt E-510 and loving it

Equipment list:
    Olympus Evolt E-3, E-620, E-500
    Olympus Zuiko 40 - 150 F4.0 - 5.6
    Olympus Zuiko 14 - 45 F 2.8 - 3.6
    Sigma 50 - 500 F 4.0 - 6.3
    Sigma 70 - 200 F2.8
    Olympus FL-38 Flash x2
    Vivitar 285 HV
    Better Beamer Flash Extender

http://www.jdtimages.ca/

A Photographer that is fluent in Sarcasm.

Great Thanks Jaedon..
    ~And this is a good day~

Quote Originally Posted by Jaedon
    I just purchased an adapter set from Ebay that will allow me to take my old Pentax screw mount lenses and put them on my E500. I am really hoping that this works because the lenses have been in the family for quite a few years now and they still take excellent images on my 35mm camera. But since I never use it anymore I want to use my lenses for what they can give me over my current selection of lenses.

Find out what type of mount you currently have on those lenses (I believe Canon only has one lens mount type but I may be wrong) and then do a search on EBay for Adapter (canon lens mount type) four thirds 4/3 and fins the one that is in your price range (they are actually very affordable) Mine was $9.99 for the screw mount adapter to PK mount and an additional $5.99 for the PK mount to 4/3. I am losing any and all metering and AF functions but for the ability to use my 205 MM lens with F3.8 straight through will be amazing if it works out well. Closest I have to that now is either 150 at F3.5 OR F5 at 200. Would be nice ot have a larger aperture at an event when teh sun start going beyond my current light range.
    I would like to know how this comes out. I would be afraid of the adaptor touching the contacts on the Olympus body. Shorting them together or damaging them. Please post a picture or two if you can
    I am like Barney Fife, I have a gun but Andy makes me keep the bullet in my pocket..

Sony a99/a7R

Hi, I also had similar problems with my E-1 but recently I found a great tech support site that deals with that kind of issues. They also have free live support so you can get your answer fast.

Here is the page for your camera - Olympus E-300 Support

Hope it helps

Grace

Thread Information