Olympus Cameras and Four Thirds System Digital SLRs Forum

Olympus Cameras Forum Discuss Olympus film and digital cameras as well as Panasonic and Leica Four Thirds System digital SLRs - forum moderator is Greg McCary.
Olympus E-System Digital SLR Reviews >>
Panasonic Four Thirds Digital SLR Reviews >>
Leica Four Thirds Digital SLR Reviews >>
Official Four Thirds Web Page >>
Olympus OM-System 35mm SLR reviews >>
Olympus Cameras History Page >>

Question on Oly film SLR's

I was given an OM-G with a set of lenses and while it takes great pictures, having the shutter speed adjustment on the front of the camera drives me nuts so I don't like using it. It wouldn't be so bad if there was at least a dial in the viewfinder showing your current setting but, the OM-G doesn't have one. I hate seeing it sit unused. Do any of the other OM's have a different method of shutter speed selection or are there any that will at least show your current settings in the viewfinder so I can at least put the lenses to use?
    Aaron Lehoux * flickr
    Please do not edit my photos, thank you.

Re: Question on Oly film SLR's

Quote Originally Posted by Xia_Ke
    I was given an OM-G with a set of lenses and while it takes great pictures, having the shutter speed adjustment on the front of the camera drives me nuts so I don't like using it. It wouldn't be so bad if there was at least a dial in the viewfinder showing your current setting but, the OM-G doesn't have one. I hate seeing it sit unused. Do any of the other OM's have a different method of shutter speed selection or are there any that will at least show your current settings in the viewfinder so I can at least put the lenses to use?
    Check here Aaron.
    http://zuserver2.star.ucl.ac.uk/~rwesson/esif/index.htm

You will find a lot of info on the bodies and design.
    I am like Barney Fife, I have a gun but Andy makes me keep the bullet in my pocket..

Sony a99/a7R

Thanks Greg I'll sit down tonight and sift through their site, see what I can dig up.
    Aaron Lehoux * flickr

It looks as though the OM-20 shows the shutter speed in the viewfinder. Are you sure yours is just not working?
    http://zuserver2.star.ucl.ac.uk/~rwe...nuals/om20.pdf
    I am like Barney Fife, I have a gun but Andy makes me keep the bullet in my pocket..

Sony a99/a7R

Quote Originally Posted by Greg McCary
    It looks as though the OM-20 shows the shutter speed in the viewfinder. Are you sure yours is just not working?
    http://zuserver2.star.ucl.ac.uk/~rwe...nuals/om20.pdf
    Thanks Greg The OM-20 is actually just another name for the OM-G. Think it wa just a different name for a different market. This display is just your meter reading showing what you should set your shutter speed to. It doesn't show what you are actually set at. It's just annoying because you have look at the front of the camera any time you want to check your settings. I'm just used to my old D50 and my Nikkormat that not only give your meter reading but also show your current shutter setting so you don't have to look away from your viewfinder.
    Aaron Lehoux * flickr

Panarus biarmicus Moderator (Sports) SmartWombat's Avatar

On the OM-10 if you wanted manual shutter control you had to buy an optional plug-in knob to override the body ! Be thankful you have a control wheel.
    PAul

Scroll down to the Sports Forum and post your sports pictures !

Quote Originally Posted by SmartWombat
    On the OM-10 if you wanted manual shutter control you had to buy an optional plug-in knob to override the body ! Be thankful you have a control wheel.
    Really?...LOL Ouch, that would suck

Was hoping maybe the OM-1's or OM-2's or .... might give both a meter reading and your current settings in the viewfinder.
    Aaron Lehoux * flickr

Thread Information