I'm Loving It

Printable View

• 04-28-2011, 01:10 PM
    Asmarlak
    4 Attachment(s)
    I'm Loving It
    I'm loving my 9-18mm lens. The more I use it the more I like it. These are strait-out-camera images I took today handheld with the E-30 in SP mode at 1/5 sec., 9mm, and ISO 400.
  • 04-28-2011, 08:13 PM
    armando_m
    Re: I'm Loving It
    congrats on the new lens , wide lenses are a lot of fun
  • 04-29-2011, 12:38 AM
    Asmarlak
    Thanks much Armando.
  • 04-29-2011, 05:02 AM
    Liz
    Congratulations on the 9-18! I was on the fence a while before I bought this lens - and when I got it, I was more than happy that I took the leap. It's one of my favorite lenses.

These are really nice shots......I enjoyed viewing them. I'm going to the Berkshires this weekend (MA), so your shots reminded me to take the lens along.

Enjoy! And I look forward to more images. :thumbsup:

Liz
  • 04-29-2011, 05:06 AM
    Iguanamom
    the ultra wide is so tempting. I messed with the 7-14mm at a camera show once. good thing it was water sealed...I think I drooled on it. The 9-18 would be much more portable though.
  • 04-29-2011, 08:57 AM
    rubeel
    I have the 7-14 and it is very heavy so 9-18 might be a lighter choice :)
  • 04-29-2011, 10:47 AM
    Asmarlak
    Quote:

Originally Posted by rubeel
    I have the 7-14 and it is very heavy so 9-18 might be a lighter choice :)

Thanks everyone for your responses. I agree, before I bought the 9-18mm I investigated both lenses and the 9-18mm came out on top for me for the price and most importantly the weight. This lens is very very light, I was even more surprised at how light it is when I first held it in my hand. The image quality is also excellent.
  • 04-29-2011, 01:58 PM
    Greg McCary
    I also like the fact you can use filters on it. How do you find the AF? Faster than a kit lens? Not that it would matter much for landscapes.
  • 04-29-2011, 02:28 PM
    armando_m
    at 9mm and max aperture of F4 ... I'm thinking it is always focused at any distance, making focusing optional :)
  • 04-30-2011, 03:24 AM
    Asmarlak
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Greg McCary
    I also like the fact you can use filters on it. How do you find the AF? Faster than a kit lens? Not that it would matter much for landscapes.

AF is fast, I had no issues focusing even in dark conditions. I believe it is faster than the 14-54mm which make it great for indoor shots too.

I should have included some info about this church. This is the Church of São Domingos in Lisbon, it was destroyed by the great earthquake of 1755, restored, then destroyed again by fire in 1950. They incorporated the original parts with the new beautifully.
  • 05-10-2011, 03:22 AM
    Bright Eye
    Great Shots Senior member,

Appreciated work and really worked hard on them. I really luve all those Pictures and congrats on the new lens , wide lenses are a lot of fun

I agree with them
  • 05-11-2011, 05:54 AM
    buglinbilly
    Nice photos. Is that a Zukio lens your using and if so, how much was it?

Have a good one. BB