Olympus Cameras and Four Thirds System Digital SLRs Forum

Olympus Cameras Forum Discuss Olympus film and digital cameras as well as Panasonic and Leica Four Thirds System digital SLRs - forum moderator is Greg McCary.
Olympus E-System Digital SLR Reviews >>
Panasonic Four Thirds Digital SLR Reviews >>
Leica Four Thirds Digital SLR Reviews >>
Official Four Thirds Web Page >>
Olympus OM-System 35mm SLR reviews >>
Olympus Cameras History Page >>
    Co-Moderator, Photography as Art forum megan's Avatar

And I did it too!

I did something different than Liz, though. I upgraded to an E-5. So far I LOVE it. It's even better than the E-3 at shooting reds (they would sometimes posterize, and that's not good when you're shooting cars), I have a lot less noise when shooting at higher ISOs, and the filters that I love are included (pinhole and high grain black and white.) The E-3 is still around, and will serve as my back-up camera - it's still a great camera, I just need two. I haven't tested the video function yet, which is another reason I upgraded - I really need video in auto media. Here are a few first shots from my first weekend with the E-5.
    Attached Images Attached Images      
    Megan

Join me on Facebook!
    Twitter: @ponycargirl

Liz

Re: And I did it too!

Hey Megan! Congratulations on your new camera! The E-5 is a great camera! I've seen some awesome images from that beauty! Personally, it would have been a No. 1 choice for me if I did not have to go with the lighter weight system.

Great shots! Being a big fan of b&w photography, I have to say you did a fine job with the above images. BTW, just recently (before my EM5 decision) I purchased the Panasonic GF1 as a 2nd camera just for the multiple options of shooting in b&w. Most people do conversions, but I never lost the love of just looking through the VF at b&w images and going from there! The GF1 has become my carry-around-with-me camera and I love it.

All of us here know that feeling of opening up a box for the first time when there is a new camera inside! So have fun! Keep posting those pics.

Liz
    Olympus E-M5 digital camera
    Olympus E-PL5
    Lenses
    Olympus
    45mm/f1.8, 40-150

Panasonic
    14-45
    25mm/f1.4
    14mm/f2.5

Congrats Megan the E5 is a heck of a good camera.
    I am like Barney Fife, I have a gun but Andy makes me keep the bullet in my pocket..

Sony a99/a7R

Thanks Liz! ideally, I would like a Micro 4/3rds as my "throw-in-the-bag" camera, but I have to be sensible. (What? Me sensible? This must have happened when I hit 40!) The E-5 for me has all of the features I want/need plus less noise, higher ISO capability, and video. And I really LOVE the black and white filter. It's not for everything, but it sure is fun for shooting bands and classic cars. In a nutshell, I like the versatility - the higher megapixels that I ned for pro shooting, the fun filters for personal shooting, and it's compatible with the premium lenses that I've already acquired for the E-3.
    Megan

Join me on Facebook!

I'm happy with it so far! I love my E-3, and it compliments the E-5 - it will be great to finally have two high-end cameras when I'm shooting pro gigs. Now - to get the gigs to justify the purchase!
    Megan

Join me on Facebook!

Hey Megan! Congratulations on your new camera! The E-5 is a great camera! I've seen some awesome images from that beauty! Personally, it would have been a No. 1 choice for me if I did not have to go with the lighter weight system.

Congratulations! now you are sharing with us nice and awesome pictures :P

Thread Information