Olympus Cameras and Four Thirds System Digital SLRs Forum

Olympus Cameras Forum Discuss Olympus film and digital cameras as well as Panasonic and Leica Four Thirds System digital SLRs - forum moderator is Greg McCary.
Olympus E-System Digital SLR Reviews >>
Panasonic Four Thirds Digital SLR Reviews >>
Leica Four Thirds Digital SLR Reviews >>
Official Four Thirds Web Page >>
Olympus OM-System 35mm SLR reviews >>
Olympus Cameras History Page >>
    trigger happy geriatric.

Hi all, new member.

I thought I'd better say hi here as well, since this will basically be one of my "homes".

My name is Dave and I live in Alnwick in Northumberland and I have been a keen Olympus photographer for many years. I currently own an OM2 and 2 OM40's with a selection of lenses. A Sigma 24mm Oly 28mm, 50mm 1.8, Oly 135(one of my favourites) and two zooms. A sigma 28-70 and a Vivitar 75-205 f4. Deciding I wanted to go digital, I bought an oly e510, no shock there, then! I also bought a converter to enable me to use my manual lenses with the camera.

I also own a Yasicamat 6x6 camera which I still like to use and wonder whether I could have the negs or pics scanned onto cd or dvd? I love the quality of the lens and it's nice to have a feeling of going back to my roots when i use it, getting the euromaster out and ponderig over a scene in front of me. Ah, them were the days..........

Any how, here I am, sorry to have gone on. See you later.

Dave.

Re: Hi all, new member.

I also do some medium format. I have a Mamiya 645 and Yashica. I scan my own negs. I use an Epson V500 perfection scanner and it works well. You can get one for just over $100.00. Welcome and drop a line in View Finder as well.
    I am like Barney Fife, I have a gun but Andy makes me keep the bullet in my pocket..

Sony a99/a7R

trigger happy geriatric.

Many thanks, Greg, I'll certainly take a look at the scanner. Got to be honest, I'm really seeing how I can improve things in post production. And archiving my photographs would be much easier too.

Scanners

Quote Originally Posted by Dave6223
    Many thanks, Greg, I'll certainly take a look at the scanner. Got to be honest, I'm really seeing how I can improve things in post production. And archiving my photographs would be much easier too.
    Dave-
    I agree with Greg about buying your own scanner. They're so cheap and good now that you might as well. The pro of buying your own scanner is it will cost you less than paying for good scans and you'll be able to scan whenever and however you want. But - if you want to archive lots of old film, time is the issue. If you've got hundreds or thousands of old negs and slides to scan it's probably best to find someone who can do them in bulk for a fair price.
    Photo-John

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

trigger happy geriatric.

Thanks PJ

I don't have that many to archive, to be honest, but it will be nice to have them stored in a convenient place........................all backups being equal !!!!!!!

Thread Information