Grip for the E500

Printable View

• 12-30-2006, 10:04 AM
    Jaedon
    Grip for the E500
    Has anyone attempted to put the grip that fits the E1 or the E300 on the E500?? I would love to add a grip to my gear but as of yet there isn't one available for the E500 that I have found. Does anyone have any further information on this?
  • 01-08-2007, 01:05 PM
    Marc2B4
    Re: Grip for the E500
    Won't work, they're two totally different camera bodies. For starters, all the contacts are different.
  • 01-08-2007, 02:11 PM
    almo
    Re: Grip for the E500
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaedon
    Has anyone attempted to put the grip that fits the E1 or the E300 on the E500?? I would love to add a grip to my gear but as of yet there isn't one available for the E500 that I have found. Does anyone have any further information on this?

Ah, but if life were that easy we'd all be happy, and we just can't have that, now can we?

In the end no grip from Oly the E-500. Perhaps someone will come out with a third party grip like they did for the D70, but I wouldn't hold my breath. The truth is, despite how good this little camera is, the bulk of the people using it have never used a portrait grip, and so the demand is not strong enough to support the cost of design, production, and distribution of one. This was obviously proven to Oly with the release of the E-300. If not we would have a grip and no need for my long winded and verbose explanations as to why there is not one available. :p