Olympus Cameras and Four Thirds System Digital SLRs Forum

Olympus Cameras Forum Discuss Olympus film and digital cameras as well as Panasonic and Leica Four Thirds System digital SLRs - forum moderator is Greg McCary.
Olympus E-System Digital SLR Reviews >>
Panasonic Four Thirds Digital SLR Reviews >>
Leica Four Thirds Digital SLR Reviews >>
Official Four Thirds Web Page >>
Olympus OM-System 35mm SLR reviews >>
Olympus Cameras History Page >>

Thread: My new Olympus

My new Olympus

So far so good with my E-500. I am very impressed with what it will do. I had some growing pains this morning when I went out. Everything in manual was overexposing about three stops. After I got home I realized that I had the White Balance set for a sunny day and was shooting in a low light area. There is so much to learn but I hope soon it will all become second nature to me. How goes it with everyone else?
    Greg
    I am like Barney Fife, I have a gun but Andy makes me keep the bullet in my pocket..

Sony a99/a7R

Re: My new Olympus

Quote Originally Posted by Greg McCary
    So far so good with my E-500. I am very impressed with what it will do. I had some growing pains this morning when I went out. Everything in manual was overexposing about three stops. After I got home I realized that I had the White Balance set for a sunny day and was shooting in a low light area. There is so much to learn but I hope soon it will all become second nature to me. How goes it with everyone else?
    Greg
    Glad to hear that you are liking your new Oly!

I am finding that i am not quite the photographer I once was. I didn't shoot hardly at all in 06 and I am paying for it in bucketfulls of rust. Add to that the fact that I have this whole new system to learn and I am having a rough time producing images I am happy with. The camera however is amazing. This is once awesome piece of kit.

Here is my latest image. I took it today during the worst time of day for light. It was the only one that I felt was decent.

John Cowan
    Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.
    ~Ernest Hemingway~

Great shot. I love the E-500. I owe you one for the post on the system. I sure miss the in viewfinder exposure meter. I am sure I will learn to shot on the fly soon enough though. I have to watch it with the WB. I not used to that..
    Greg
    I am like Barney Fife, I have a gun but Andy makes me keep the bullet in my pocket..

Sony a99/a7R

Quote Originally Posted by Greg McCary
    Great shot. I love the E-500. I owe you one for the post on the system. I sure miss the in viewfinder exposure meter. I am sure I will learn to shot on the fly soon enough though. I have to watch it with the WB. I not used to that..
    Greg
    There is a meter display in the VF. It's on the right hand side. It's a little more compact and quite different than what you would expect with a 35mm type SLR, but once you get the hang of using it you will have no trouble at all.
    John Cowan
    Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.
    ~Ernest Hemingway~

Quote Originally Posted by almo
    There is a meter display in the VF. It's on the right hand side. It's a little more compact and quite different than what you would expect with a 35mm type SLR, but once you get the hang of using it you will have no trouble at all.
    Thanks, I'll check it out. I also enjoy shooting for the first time without glasses. The adjustment just beside the viewfinder is sweet..
    Greg

Sony a99/a7R

Thread Information