• 04-17-2008, 01:30 PM
    Don Kondra
    Greetings from the no longer frozen white North..
    Very pleased to find what looks like an active Olympus forum :)

I'm a furniture designer/maker.

For years I was quite happy with my little Kodak P&S for archives and web stuff, I had my new work shot by a professional, then he up and moved away, sigh...

I'd always kind of felt I would like to be in control of the whole process. I live on an acreage so by the time I load up, drive to town and unload, have the shoot and then load and return home, a half day has passed.

To make a very long story, short. In the past five months I've educated myself about the various brands and features of digital SLR, chose a camera, and then started all over again with lens :)

Along with the live view, I chose Olympus partly because of the fact that Canon and Nikon people are so (insert politically correct term here) about their brands, whoa, just kidding, kinda...

I still have a ways to go but here's my first test shot, the wrinkled sheet is gone once I decide on a permanent location for my paper backdrop. The entrance bench is made in cherry and has a brown leather seat.

http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/g...hbrownseat.jpg

The set up is mid afternoon on a cloudy day with two 65w CF lights in Cameron stands from the sides.

Cheers, Don
  • 04-19-2008, 06:10 PM
    Don Kondra
    1 Attachment(s)
    Re: Greetings from the no longer frozen white North..
    Sigh....

My greeting was too optimistic, this is what I woke up to... yesterday the snow was GONE.

Cheers, Don
  • 04-19-2008, 08:18 PM
    Greg McCary
    Congrats on the new toy. Please write a full review once you get the hang of things. Thanks also for sharing your first pictures.
  • 04-25-2008, 10:20 PM
    Don Kondra
    Thanks Greg,

I realize it can get tedious saying hi to everyone that drops by, not knowing who they are and whether or not they will hang around.....

And I have realized lately that my "style" doesn't really encourage conversation, sigh...

In one of my "other" lives I answer woodworking technique and finishing questions. If I've done my job correctly there isn't anything to discuss :)

Cheers, Don
  • 04-26-2008, 03:40 AM
    Jaedon
    welcome fellow Cannuck. =)

Furniture finishing huh? Well you never know when a good lacquer question might need to be answered lol. I was about to comment on how fast you guys got rid of the snow out there until seeing the news last night and seeing how much more they think might fall out there. Here in Tropical Toronto all is well and we might get snow again by tuesday damnit.
  • 04-26-2008, 06:25 AM
    Greg McCary
    Welcome to PR Don. I looked at your site you do very good work, high end. Nice
  • 04-26-2008, 06:46 AM
    Don Kondra
    Well thank you Greg.

I can't take credit for the images though, that goes to Grant Kernan of AK Photo's now located in BC.

http://www.visionsarttour.ca/grant_kernan.php

Hay Jaedon,

"Tropical Toronto"?? That's not quite what us here Westerner's think of yous guys :D

Cheers for now, Don