• 12-04-2008, 05:51 PM
    xwingkiller
    fyi: im selling my 12-60mm
    i put an ad up on here. if you know anyone interested...let em know please. =)
    nothing wrong, just kinda need the money so im going to try to grab a 14-54 instead.

thanks guys.
  • 12-04-2008, 06:40 PM
    Greg McCary
    Re: fyi: im selling my 12-60mm
    Quote:

Originally Posted by xwingkiller
    i put an ad up on here. if you know anyone interested...let em know please. =)
    nothing wrong, just kinda need the money so im going to try to grab a 14-54 instead.

thanks guys.

Xwingkiller, post it in your signature and also with a link to the free classifieds. Thanks.......
  • 12-04-2008, 09:04 PM
    xwingkiller
    hey, thanks for the tip.
  • 12-05-2008, 12:02 PM
    Sushigaijin
    bummer, it sucks to lose something good for a dumb reason like money.

You'll like the 14-54 though, it's a stellar performer for the $350 or so that it will set you back.

The real point of this post though, is to ask how you like your siggy 30/1.4!

:D
  • 12-05-2008, 02:23 PM
    xwingkiller
    oh, i got my 30 f/1.4 used from someone else. the best thing was that the guy had already sent it in to sigma to be fixed.
    i was worried about buying the lens at first because of all the issues i heard about the focusing. it seems that everyone says about sigma lenses, you can get a good copy and it will be great or a bad copy and then you'll have to go through the trouble of getting it fixed.
    well, since it was sent in once already, i was not worried and i made the purchase. this is really my favorite lens now. besides the f/1.4 making it so incredibly useful in low-light...there's just something else kind of magical about the lens. i guess it's the colors and contrast that are different. i really dont know. it's just something that you notice when you're going through your photos at the end of the day.

ps. i threw the 12-60 on ebay so somebody could take advantage of the live.com cash back thing.
    Link to my 12-60mm on ebay
  • 12-05-2008, 09:55 PM
    DHMN69
    Even though I don't have an Olympus.. I've been on eBay forever.. and you're offering free shipping.. and NOT offering insurance (either paid for by you or the buyer).. that could make it hard to get the sale.. expecially an item that expensive.
  • 12-06-2008, 03:34 AM
    Atomic2
    I would have suggested putting the lens on craigslist first. Ive sold all my lenses that way, and actually got much more on it than I would have on ebay.