• 10-17-2009, 12:56 AM
    calexp
    Is FL50R splash/dust proof?
    Searching in the web some says that it is and some not. So i'm wondering, does anyone have use it in the rain or a duststorm? (along with E3 of course!)
  • 10-17-2009, 08:15 AM
    Greg McCary
    Re: Is FL50R splash/dust proof?
    Nowhere in the specs does it say splash proof. But I also don't think it would be weather proof. I do think you could probably use it in a light rain if you were careful, but in a down pour you might run into a problem. Just use your best judgment. Even if it is considered weather proof if it is not backed up by a warranty what's in a name if you know what I mean.
  • 10-17-2009, 10:43 AM
    calexp
    Thanks Greg,
    I also checked Olympus site and the specs for FL50r, but some sites say that it is!
    I used E3 in a down pour with no problems but i'm hesitate to use the FL50r, until now in rain i used the on-camera flash.
    On Monday i will ask the Olympus dealer/distributor in my country just to be sure.

Chris
  • 10-17-2009, 12:54 PM
    Greg McCary
    Quote:

Originally Posted by calexp
    Thanks Greg,
    I also checked Olympus site and the specs for FL50r, but some sites say that it is!
    I used E3 in a down pour with no problems but i'm hesitate to use the FL50r, until now in rain i used the on-camera flash.
    On Monday i will ask the Olympus dealer/distributor in my country just to be sure.

Chris

Let us know what he say, if the question ever comes up again I will know the answer. I guess the onboard flash worked fine on your E3?
  • 10-17-2009, 01:37 PM
    rubeel
    On a similar issue, i have read online quite a few places that 50mm F2 is also weather sealed but the olympus site doesnt state that (maybe i am blind:))

anyone has any idea.
  • 10-18-2009, 08:44 PM
    Sushigaijin
    The 50/2 is weather sealed.

The FL50R is not - but a ziplock back over it works great, especially if you're using it off-camera.
  • 10-27-2009, 02:21 AM
    calexp
    Well, just got an answer from the Olympus distributor for my country and the answer is "NO"
    The FL50R is NOT dust/splashproof.
    So, when it's raining i'm stuck with the onboard flash of E-3.

Chris